Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade options from fttp trial?

JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Upgrade options from fttp trial?

I am currently on the FTTP trial with limit of 60GB per month.
I may want to upgrade to unlimited usage but I don't want to lose speed.  What are the options and prices?  The main site does not seem to offer upgrade paths relevant to me.
Plusnet feel free to send me a private message or create a support ticket for me.
Thanks
J
4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Upgrade options from fttp trial?

Apologies for the delayed response Jack, I want to discuss this with a colleague before giving a definitive answer on this and unfortunately they're out of the office until tomorrow.
Please leave this with me for now and I'll get back to you tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you were wanting to upgrade to an unlimited usage package and keep the same speeds, I believe it would have to be on 'Unlimited Fibre Extra' at £19.99 per month.
If you'd want to go ahead with this, feel free to respond here or drop me a pm and I'll get that arranged for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Harry, is that a definite answer?  Your "I believe" sounds as though it isn't.
I have an open question about this, Ticket ID 114952793 .
Thanks.
mav:quote
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Technically, the first response you received to the ticket was correct.
As you are on the FTTP Trial you can upgrade to the Unlimited Packages however the speed would be restricted in line with the Products so in the Example of Unlimited Fibre it would be up to 40Mb down and up to 2Mb up and with Unlimited Fibre Extra up to 78Mb down and up to 20Mb up.
To upgrade you would need to speak with the helpdesk as there is quite a lot of 'behind the scenes' changes that would need to be applied to your account for this to progress without issue.

However, as you're on the older FTTP trials, I'd be able to sort something out to retain/restore the higher speeds after you upgrade. Since the speeds you're on are higher than what we offer, I'd only do this on the higher package.
The rest of the responses on the ticket you've mentioned seem pretty poor, so I'll be passing on some feedback about that.
EDIT: I've also now responded to the ticket on your account.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet