cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted account closure - HELP!

Don4418
Dabbler

Unwanted account closure - HELP!

I've got a bit of a problem. Received an email yesterday acknowledging I had cancelled my account and Plusnet would be sorry to see me go. I haven't cancelled it! I called support and got passed around various departments, none of which were too sure what had gone wrong - the best guess being some system flag had come up which has triggered an account closure. I suspect it may be something to do with my landline having ceased. Anyway, they are trying to sort it out, but I'm still a bit worried in case they don't. I'm currently sailing in a yacht around Scotland and communication is a bit difficult. I wonder if it's possible you could have a look at your end and see if you can see anything wrong? Hoping Gandalf or someone else on the team can sort this out. It also appears that all my email accounts have been closed and I no longer have access to them, which is a major problem also. Cheers, Don
8 REPLIES 8
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Unwanted account closure - HELP!

@Don4418 

I've tagged the wizard @Gandalf in the hope he answers and can weave his magic.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Don4418 

I'm really sorry to see what's happened and the hassle we've caused while you're on holiday.

I can see this was done automatically on the back of the cease of the unused ADSL2+ broadband service which was still active when your phone line moved away to VoIP.

Your FTTP service remains intact and working still, which is good and I've reactivated your account now, so you can reinstate your emails. Could you go to Manage My Mail at plus.net/email to re-setup your mailboxes and aliases you've had?

I've also created a support ticket on your account Here with further steps on what we'd need to do to fully sort this out.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Don4418
Dabbler

Hi Anoush, just tried to set up a new account, but the process stopped because it was unable to carry out a line check (it's VOIP now, so I guess there isn't one!). There was a number it suggested to ring but from previous experience I didn't think I'd get very far trying to explain the whole VOIP/FTTP Trial thing to customer service - again! Any ideas?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Don, 

I believe you've since seen my text, but if you try without entering your landline number you should be able to. Smiley

I'll call you back in about an hour though. Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Don4418
Dabbler

Hi Gandalph, I've got a further problem. My broadband stopped working this morning. I tried logging on with my new username and password but still no internet. I then bought a new TP-Link router from Argos and tried that with the new username (xxxx@plusdsl.net) and password and got a message on the router setup screen saying the login details were incorrect. I then went to the Plusnet member centre and tried to log into that, but got a message saying the login details were incorrect. I tried both my username and my email address, no luck. To be honest, it looks like the new account may also have been closed down. As I have a VOIP phone and use WiFi calling for my mobile app my comms at home are down, I'm currently outside on a high spot typing this on my mobile. You may be able to contact me on my mobile depending on where I am, it's worth a try and I'd appreciate a call and some advice! All the best, Don
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Don4418 

I'm sorry to see you can't get online. I've checked your new account and it's still looking fine. 

Tests are showing your router's connected using your old username @ plusdsl.net and the wrong password for your new account. Can you connect using your new username @ plusdsl.net and this password?

Try resetting the password Here if you need to even if you can remember it.

I've also dropped you a text to your mobile. Let me know how you get on. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Don4418
Dabbler

As per my text, it was all my fault due to a password spelling error. Thanks for all your help, as usual very much appreciated!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all Don, easy mistake to make!

Let me know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet