cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect since Saturday FTTP

FIXED
dajoli

Unable to connect since Saturday FTTP

Hi, I have had no internet connection since early Saturday morning. The ONT is all green (power, PON, port1) with LOS unlit. My router is logging CHAP Authentication failed, every 15 seconds. When I connect a laptop directly and use the test account I get the expected BTWholesale holding page, so I don't believe there is an issue with the fibre, ONT or router.

I opened a question, but I have not had any luck getting an update, the CSA I spoke to last night did not appear to be trained in FTTP, asked me to connect to the master socket...

I have not changed my password (in about 20 years with PN) so I don't think the CHAP authn is due to that. My FTTP has been rock solid for 6 years until now.

Can somebody work some magic please and restore my connection before the family mutiny? Smiley

Thanks. PM or email if you need more details.
7 REPLIES 7
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Unable to connect since Saturday FTTP

Hello

I have just experienced a similar issue having not changed my password in 9 or 10 years. It is the next posting in this forum!

I was provided this password reset link

If you view the link on your mobile scroll down below the adverts to change the password for your account.

Then update the password in your router.

This worked for me.

Regards

Howard

dajoli

Thanks for the quick reply; I had read your thread but had not quite connected the issue because you said you had changed your password. Anyway, I've changed mine now and well update the router when I get home. Fingers crossed!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @dajoli I'm sorry to see you're unable to connect to your FTTP service.

Our tests aren't showing the cause for this however I can see that there are no connection attempts hitting the BT network, so this likely won't be due to a password issue (We'd see something along the lines of 'Password incorrect' if that was the case)

As you've ruled out the router being faulty, we'll need to arrange an engineer to investigate further. Could you reply to your fault ticket Here with your availability for an engineer to visit?

Feel free to post back once you've responded and we'll be happy to pick this back up as soon as we can to book this in.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Typo edited at poster's request.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dajoli

Thanks @Gandalf for the further info. As you guessed, changing password did not help in my case (but thanks anyway @hmarshy ). I have replied with availability in my fault ticket. Here's hoping for a speedy resolution!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @dajoli

Upon further investigation, it appears the broadband component was missing off your account which is why your connection dropped.

I've just readded it for you now and I can see your connection has come back on now.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dajoli

Thanks @MatthewWheeler I am indeed connected to the 21st century again!

Can you explain WHY that happened? Is it related to the new Question you opened against my account?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it @dajoli

With regards to the cause, I'm afraid I don't know why this happened but I've passed it to the relevant team for investigation.

The new question was just me reapplying your discounts to make sure you get billed correctly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team