Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial over

FIXED
paradestores
Dabbler

Trial over

I was notified today that the trial is finished and plus net is no longer going to continue with FTTP as it is not cost effective.

however I see here that there is several people waiting on installs?

24 REPLIES 24
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Trial over

eh? what? Are you a current FTTP user, or trying to get onto the trial? The trial page is still up. Was it front line CS who told you, or an official email?

paradestores
Dabbler

I was attempting to get placed onto the trial.

Direct on the phone. The op said he would double check came back with a reply that the FTTP costs about £3k per customer and has been deemed not viable or cost effective so the trial has been cancelled.

Not 100% sure what that means for all you FTTP customers!!

This leaves me looking for another provider.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Are you sure you weren't asking about FTTP on demand, a service not offered by Plusnet.

FTTP on demand.JPG

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
paradestores
Dabbler

No I specifically asked for the FTTP trial. Pretty sure as they do not offer a FTTPod trial then it wouldnt have been discussed?

beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

I suspect (hope) the CS agent has got confused. They don't really know much about FTTP. £3k does, as @Strat says, sound like FTTPoD, which PN has never offered, trial or otherwise. I can't imagine fttp costs much more to supply than fttc, (you only have to look at BT's own FTTP prices ) and ongoing support requirements are minimal once installed

I will lower my own panic level for now

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

What does the BTWholesale checker say for your line.

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Brian

paradestores
Dabbler

Well for some reason its no longer showing FTTP as available well its not showing today showed yesterday when I made the initial call!!

Ive emailed Openreach as they emailed me nearly 12 months ago saying it was available to order and has shown on the checker since then. Has been on my todo list since then lol

FTTPoD has never been available in my area.

bmc
Hero

Which Exchange and cabinet are you on? There night be information elsewhere about your area.

Brian

paradestores
Dabbler

Perranporth Cab 8

If I do a check at www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk

It states its available and taking orders.

Exchange name: Perranporth
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: 8
Technology: FTTP

bmc
Hero

The CodeLook website gives the following for Perranporth Cab 8 so it looks like FTTP should be available.

FTTP from 23rd April 2013, FTTP on Demand  

I would suggest you log into your PlusNet Members Page and see what you get offered if you try and upgrade your connection.

Brian

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The application process for the trial still seems to be working

trials.plus.net

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

I'm also of the opinion that the CS staff just got it wrong as the FTTP Trial has never been available to order on the phone or via the member centre but only from the special trials URL.

But just in case this link gives all the companies offering WBC FTTP  https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-fibre/buy-it-now.aspx

edit: for spelling

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
bmc
Hero

Another thought.

If the OP "paradestores" is not a PlusNet member and is looking to join then they may be unaware the FTTP "trial" is only for existing customers.

When they spoke to Customer Support the CS bod looked at the line, saw only that FTTP on Demand was available on that line for new customers and told the OP that no FTTP service was available as it was too expensive for PlusNet to use.

Brian

paradestores
Dabbler

I am a customer have been for over 48 months.

As I am currently at work ive not been able to call back but they opened a support ticket so I have left a message on that.