cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Members - is porting number to VOIP still possible?

FIXED
Teece
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Trial Members - is porting number to VOIP still possible?

Just to get this in its own thread, as it's already mentioned in several other places. Those of us who are out-of-contract on the FTTP trial, is it still possible to port our existing landline numbers to a third-party VOIP provider, before recontracting to PN on the new FF product?

3 REPLIES 3
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Trial Members - is porting number to VOIP still possible?

@Teece 

According to post #18 from @Gandalf  on the FTTP Marketing forum it is still possible.

The wizard is out of the office until the 7th so I'd wait until he's back and picks up on this so he can work his magic without you losing your account.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi @Teece 

If you can let me know once you've begun the transfer of your landline number to VOIP, I'll make sure we don't close your account when the migration completes, then you can move onto one of our shiny full fibre products. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Teece
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Update to add, yes, this is still possible, and I am now running with Sipgate and LocalPhone VOIP services with my old number, and my account is in the process of upgrading from the trial.