Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout waiting for PADO packets

libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Timeout waiting for PADO packets

Since about 8pm last night I've had no internet connection. My router shows the error 'ppp0 Timeout waiting for PADO packets'. I think the same thing may have happened at the weekend, but that time the connection was back on the following morning and today it's still not connected.

Any suggestions for how to fix this? I tried re-booting my router but no joy.

10 REPLIES 10
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Timeout waiting for PADO packets

You may have a stale session which requires a member of staff at Plusnet to sort out. 

Or it could be a real fault. As it is happening regularly (twice now is regular in my books), it is time to chat/phone with Plusnet.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
libbyf
Rising Star

Yer, I tried a chat but I'm at work now so they weren't interested. I'll try them again when I'm at home.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

"They weren't interested"

Not very good is it?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
libbyf
Rising Star

I guess they wanted me to run through some tests or something that would require me to present? If it's like last time it may well be working when I get back though...

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can see the chat you had earlier today, the agent sounded like he wanted to go through troubleshooting when you were at the property, but he could have given you the troubleshooting guide or some instructions instead of just sending you on your way.

As it's an FTTP service, it's worth checking the connections and powercycling the router to see if that helps. If not go through the faults report here and we'll get that picked up. https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
libbyf
Rising Star

Unfortunately I fail at the first hurdle on the broadband troubleshooter because the phone number on record for my account is the phone number for my old property, and since I'm now FTTP-only at my current place, I do not have a phone number to replace it with...

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've zero'd out the phone number and double checked with a few people. If you can just click through confirming that is your number, it should actually run the checks on the BBEU on the account, which is connected to your FTTP asset. Apologies for any confusion.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
libbyf
Rising Star

Thanks for that Harry. Rang tech support this morning but apparently my order has been cancelled so I need to contact the orders team at 9am...
libbyf
Rising Star

My order needs to be redone by one of you lovely FTTP knowledgable folks, please.

Ticket is 123995250. Ta!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies that I'd overlooked that. It appears our suppliers didn't close the order off when your services were working and then cancelled the order when an appointment wasn't booked in (Despite the fact no appointment was needed Huh)

I'll get an order placed right away and it should hopefully be back online by tomorrow for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet