cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to leave

digitalfixer
Grafter

Time to leave

I have been on the “trial” from near the start so 8 or 9 years, started so long ago I can’t remember. But now CityFiber and Vodafone have dug up the road and are offering far higher speeds at a competitive price of £38 a month for 500 meg down and up including line rental.  I had been thinking of leaving for a while and was put off by the potential delays of ceasing one  service before getting another but now I can take the Vodafone offering as it’s a completely different infrastructure before ceasing the Plusnet service.

the only reason I am going to move is down to speed, the faster upload will help with working at home.  The service I have received from Plusnet has been great, I can honestly say I have never had a single problem since day one.  I just wish Plusnet had got there act together and started offering a wider selection of services as I doubt Vodafone will be as good customer service wise.

i have not left yet and I won’t be giving notice until after I am happy with the Vodafone service so there may still be a chance I could stay if someone from Plusnet wants to make me an offer I can’t refuse.

4 REPLIES 4
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Time to leave

@digitalfixer wrote:  I had been thinking of leaving for a while and was put off by the potential delays of ceasing one  service before getting another

I'd been in that sort of quandary (cheaper on offer elsewhere but, like you, no real gripes with PN) and reading some of the horror stories on here did wonder what would happen on changeover day. I bit the bullet a month ago and moved to a new ISP last week. To be honest, no dramas at all. The new ISP did all the donkey work i.e. contacting PN or OR etc (I didn't contact PN at all), supplied details and even the day the new router would arrive (which I didn't really need). All came in as expected.

On the day, no real downtime at all. Changeover occurred sometime after midnight, woke up at 5am, noticed that the internet was already disconnected. Inputted the new login details and straight away was up and running again. I had to smile at the emails I got from PN though. Sort of felt like I was being stripped of my rank. This account was deleted, that was deleted etc. Sad day really but saving £10 a month for basically same same has to be worth it. The deal I've got is basically what PN offer to new customers only. Their loss. Some might be happy to go on phone lines pleading for a better deal. I've got far better things to do with my time.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I guess that it will be typical that some, presumably urban, areas will be getting a choice of two FTTP providers whilst vast swaithes of the country have to soldier on with ADSL or crosstalk infested FTTC.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @digitalfixer 

I’m sorry to see you potentially go but unfortunately we’ve no news to share regarding when we’ll offer a full FTTP product range and faster speeds than we currently do. 

If you’re wanting to discuss a new deal I’d recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632. While we won’t be able to recontract you on FTTP due to the way our systems work, we may be able to offer a discount so it’s definitely worth a call in my opinion. 

Let us know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Baldrick1 wrote:

I guess that it will be typical that some, presumably urban, areas will be getting a choice of two FTTP providers whilst vast swathes of the country have to soldier on with ADSL or crosstalk infested FTTC.

Plus lots of new build estates where Fibre is now the preferred infrastructure option, and increasingly some rural areas where a fibre overlay is part of the Openreach drive to remove both the copper cable and many small exchange buildings.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.