Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket 164376095

misterbreen
Grafter

Ticket 164376095

Hi. 

I'm trying to get on the trial, but the DSL Checker isn't (yet) confirming I can get FTTP. However the Openreach site says I can get 330 meg.

I'm being contacted by Zen to say they will accept my FTTP order. They confirm the DSL Checker isn't yet providing the correct information, but they know BT Wholesale will accept the order.

Can someone here help progress my order with PlusNet (see ticket 164376095).

Thanks all. Happy holidays!

92 REPLIES 92
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Ticket 164376095

This is pure speculation but -

Zen Internet offer a commercial product to anyone who applies to join and are happy to do so without a phone line so I guess their systems are set up for this.

PlusNet on the other hand only offer a service to existing customers on a "trial" basis and their systems depend on the DSL Checker results so they can't process an order if the DSL Checker says no.

There appears to be a records mis-match on OpenReach which is something PlusNet can ask about but it is out of their control in getting it fixed. No fix. no order.

Brian

misterbreen
Grafter

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the update, but the conversation went like this with Zen.

• I called them up to ask if they would supply me FTTP (I explained about Openreach and the DSL Checker giving different results).
    • They said they couldn't supply it (due to the DSL Checker).
    • But I should register my interest (which I did).
  • Zen called me back a few days later saying 'sod it' common sense would suggest I can get FTTP. They are 99% sure BT Wholesale won't reject the order when they raise it (as Openreach states I can get 330 meg).
    • They also said they are taking this approach for other customers (taking the risk an order will get cancelled).
      • If this is a FTTP 'Trial' for PlusNet, it crossed my mind that PlusNet should try and do the same (otherwise companies such as Zen will get new customers ahead of PlusNet).
    • I said to Zen I'd think about progressing the order with them (as I'd rather stick with PlusNet if I can).

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@misterbreen I can see we've updated your ticket this morning with the next steps.

Fingers crossed we know more next week.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
misterbreen
Grafter

Hi Matthew,

It's great to hear that this is moving forward (to correct the info in the DSL Checker).

(Just thought I'd ask one last time) But do we need to wait for that? Can we take the 'Zen approach' and raise the order right now? (confident that the order will be accepted).

As you are doing this as a 'Trial' I might have thought that now would be the time to 'experiment' ?

(if you are successful, PlusNet will make more money and your customers will have a better experience!). Smiley

Just a thought...

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm afraid we can't as without it showing as available we can't place a order.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I don't know what Zen think they can do but unfortunately PlusNet systems cannot even attempt to place an order if the service is not showing in the BT Wholesale checker and there seems to be no way to bypass this problem.Sad

misterbreen
Grafter

Thanks for checking/confirming.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @misterbreen

It looks like WBC FTTP will be available from the 28th (at least that's what DSL Checker shows). It's worth noting that the notes at the bottom indicate a congested duct so it's possible that the delay may be caused by that...

We should know more within about a week's time.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero

@misterbreen

If you can, I'd love to see a screen image of the DSL Checker results, including the first part of the narrative where it speaks about FTTP (make sure no phone number is shown).

It's just curiosity to see the information that's available.

Brian

misterbreen
Grafter

FTTP.png

misterbreen
Grafter

@Gandalf wrote:

Welcome to the community forums @misterbreen

It looks like WBC FTTP will be available from the 28th (at least that's what DSL Checker shows). It's worth noting that the notes at the bottom indicate a congested duct so it's possible that the delay may be caused by that...

We should know more within about a week's time.

So, can we start the order? e.g. get the fibre equipment installed at my house (to get the ball rolling)?

bmc
Hero

Thanks for the image.

I've never seen a WBC FTTP Availability Date shown before so that looks a new, useful, improvement.

Unfortunately for you it also shows a potential problem - UG congested duct. I'm guessing this means exactly what it says. The underground duct may cause problems. For reference mine had UG feed proven clear which I knew to mean they'd checked and left a draw rope in place to my house (I stood and watched them do it).

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

As I stated recently in another thread PlusNet will not be able to place an order until FTTP is showing as available so I'm afraid you will have to wait.

misterbreen
Grafter

Hi there. It's the 28th today and the DSL Checker says I can get FTTP on the 28th.

Any chance you could progress my order?

Thanks.