cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TG582n Router with 80/20 trial

spiderwheels
Dabbler

Re: TG582n Router with 80/20 trial

In my case I had already entered the correct plusnet login details in the router setup page so I do not know why it is stuck in the login loop.
Suffice to say the interface has put me off that router for life! The netgear one is light years ahead in terms of ease of use and quality.
Oakey

Quote from: willm888
Also managed to update the firmware (not that easy I might add since I spent a little while trawling through the web interface looking for an update facility)  I ended up using the one linked here :http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/how-to-upgradedowngrade-the-firmware-on-the-thomson-585v7... which worked with the .bin file provided

I've not received a replacement router yet, so I thought I'd try with the new firmware using the update tool above.  All went well until it reached the "Starting the upgrade mode and transferring the firmware" step.  This progressed to  99% before it failed with the message "The upgrade process failed".  As suggested, I retried several times, including power cycling the router and also doing factory reset but to no avail.
It looks like this unit is a dud and that was why it was (still) set to PPPoA when I got it. Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry, hands up I missed your original reply to this post asking for a replacement. I'm getting one ready for you now. It should be with you within 3/4 working days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
marcyd
Dabbler

I spent about an hour messing and decided to update the firmware (I used the one linked Willm888 provided earlyer which worked with the .bin file provided in another link)
I found it very easy to update the filmware the username tr069@plusdsl.net and a password was already completed and logged in.  I manually dropped the connection, changed to my login details and it's up and running now.
Glad it's working now but I think my Netgear wins in terms of its options.
This might be a good option for P/N to send out a 1 size fits all to any customer but if you want to configure anything "your way" then its a netgear all the way for me.
Netgear WNR1000V3    41.03 - 9.21
Technicolor  41.01 - 8.61
Netgear when on 40-10 i was getting 37.5 - 8.1  
chrisdixon2

Glad to see I was not the only one having fun. I noticed I can telnet in to the router so I might give it a go configuring it that way. When that is I am allowed to disconnect everyone here 🙂
firemaster50
Grafter

When i phoned and spoke to plusnet u tech support,given wrong router this is adsl only i was told i was  this tg582n was the wrong router i all ready have the netgear n150 fibre router which i have kept, my problem is the wireless speed, i am connecting with a wireless n adapter my speed is only 34mb/s cabled its 74mb/s can you help please?
bhask286

We're having the same problem with our router, could you send a replacement?