cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from BT FTTP Infinity 2 to Plusnet FTTP Trial

rcskumar

Switching from BT FTTP Infinity 2 to Plusnet FTTP Trial

Hi,

I am currently having BT Infinity2 via FTTP, I would like to know if Plusnet will be able to supply FTTP fibre packages under the FTTP trial to my property? If so, how do I start the application for trials.

The following is from DSL Checker for my property,

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC FTTP Up to 330 Up to 30 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 3.5 -- 2 to 6 Available
ADSL Max Up to 2.5 -- 1.5 to 5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

Thanks,

Senthil

4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Switching from BT FTTP Infinity 2 to Plusnet FTTP Trial

Hi @rcskumar the trial is unfortunately only open to existing customers, so the best advice I can give really is that you would need to join as an ADSL customer and then once you have an account, register for the FTTP trial at http://trials.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rcskumar

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the quick update.

ADSL connection to my property is very poor(1.5Mbps) and also BT has disconnected the copper line to the property when they installed FTTP now my phone connection is over fibre. So my line is not recognized by any ADSL providers. 

Getting an ADSL connection may involve additional line installation charge as well. Because I already have FTTP setup and also fibre modem and router is there any other way to get this sorted quicker with PlusNet? I completly understand if the only way for me is ADSL->Trial, If i have to take this route how long it will take for FTTP to be up and running with Plusnet?

Thanks,

Senthil

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@rcskumar

Also Plusnet only offer 2 speeds

1. 38Mbps down and 2Mbps up  (BT Infinity 1 is up to 55Mbps and 10Mbps respectively note much slower upload)
  2. 78Mbps down and 20Mbps up (same as BT Infinity 2)
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@rcskumar wrote:
If i have to take this route how long it will take for FTTP to be up and running with Plusnet?

As you already have an ONT, it should be fairly quickly. If you do go ahead with this option, drop me a PM once you've registered for the trial as it could be as little as 24 hours to activate FTTP on an existing ONT.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet