cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support wait!!

zone8
Grafter

Support wait!!

I'm confused why does it take days to get a reply to a support ticket at the moment? does anyone know? lol  Crazy
7 REPLIES 7
puffin
Grafter

Re: Support wait!!

I wouldn't say "at the moment", to be honest.
Slow ticket answering has been standard practice for at least a year and it's really disappointing.  That said, the call centre is just as bad.  Even though calling will get you through to a human being, it's a human being whose sole job is to take messages for the internal teams, so all you're really doing is leaving a ticket by voice.
Having been with Plusnet (well, Free-Online originally) for a decade now it's been sad to watch what was originally AAA service staffed by competent technicians be replaced by a call centre of untrained script followers screening calls for the few skilled staff who are left.
However, when you do get hold of the skilled staff, the response is always excellent.  Just a shame it takes so long for them to read your ticket in the first place, when they often fix your issue in a fraction of the time the ticket spent waiting in the queue...
jedi98
Grafter

Quote from: puffin
... That said, the call centre is just as bad.  Even though calling will get you through to a human being, it's a human being whose sole job is to take messages for the internal teams, so all you're really doing is leaving a ticket by voice.

I think that is a little unfair because the call centre people have been very helpful to me (in a semi technical way). Though the ticket system is lacking some 'prioritization' these days. Also there are some times when a major incident does not seem to make it to the service status (in a timely way) and there are those of us that rely on that info.
Maybe the ticket system is overloaded with too much simple stuff that the critical stuff gets delayed?
timsmith
Grafter

I agree, its pretty shocking at the moment.
It took 5 days for someone to look at the ticket I had raised for a complte outage on the FTTC trial. Once looked, it was an Openreach bloke the next day and a replcement modem.
Shame its taken a 6 day outage which a) could have been dealt with really quickly and b) I could have guessed at the problem anyway.
Tim
The_10th
Grafter

@timsmith - did you phone to raise a ticket or was it carried out online?
timsmith
Grafter

phoned, and phoned and phoned - time and time again.... (but thats another story!)
zone8
Grafter

ok this is getting alittle out of hand now, I opened my ticket with a simple fast question "7:09pm, Tuesday 1 Feb 2011" and still waiting for a reply lol
Pretty funny really when I think about it, But on a more normal note its very very poor service.
timsmith
Grafter

Well I did have a call from a chap on Wednesday answering my complaint. I did comment that there were many threads on the forums re: slow support.