Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds

LittleOtik
Dabbler

Slow Speeds

Hi Dave,
My speed's have slowed down badly! I have registered for the 80/20 trial's but have yet got no response. Can any PN staff shed any light on my plight?
12 REPLIES 12
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Slow Speeds

There is no 80/20 trial yet or any word to say there actually will be one from BT or Plusnet. There is also no registration for it either... the thread you may be referring to where you put your name down was started by a forum member, not plusnet, after a query about the possibility of BT doing trials of the faster FTTC connections.
What are your BT speedtest results and what results do you get from other speedtesters? Without this we have nothing to go on.
LittleOtik
Dabbler

Deleted.
puffin
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
There is no 80/20 trial yet or any word to say there actually will be one from BT or Plusnet. There is also no registration for it either... the thread you may be referring to where you put your name down was started by a forum member, not plusnet, after a query about the possibility of BT doing trials of the faster FTTC connections.

Firstly, there clearly is an 80/20 trial from BT as numerous ISPs are talking about it (see http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=27470.0).
Secondly, you clearly haven't read the thread you're claiming authority on, as this post by Dave is quite clear on the subject: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,98623.msg856203.html#msg856203
I don't know the reason for LittleOtik deciding to leave Plusnet, but your reply hardly helped.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

I clearly missed that post by Dave, so apologies for the mis-information.... although the level of response was not called for as I was trying to help in the second part of my answer!
LittleOtik
Dabbler

Deleted.
G3YBO
Grafter

Slow speeds to day wednesday, any reason for this I wonder
LittleOtik
Dabbler

Deleted.
MarkT

Hi LittleOtik,
I'm wondering what this could be. Have you tried raising a fault? If you want to, PM me your username and I'll take a look tomorrow.
LittleOtik
Dabbler

Deleted.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi LittleOtik,
Can you post your BT speed test result here. Also, could you run one connected directly to your modem?
Jojo Smiley
lexusuk
Grafter

@LittleOtik,
Your line sync rate is 40Mbps downstream and your line speed profile is also set correctly on our network layer.  We really need the BT speed tester results to progress further on this one.  Just run through the test at:
http://www.speedtester.bt.com/
And post the results here and we'll be able to investigate.
LittleOtik
Dabbler

Thanks JoJo and Alex  ;). The whole thing is probably my fault as I turn my router of most days. Will start leaving it on constantly from now on.