Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloow and something has changed to my speed

f513toy
Grafter

Sloow and something has changed to my speed

Hi,

I am curious what my current speed is set at and are there any issues - I used to be "superfast", now "superslow", been like it for a while now and have tried rebooting everything.... Curious and need a fix, kids are rebelling

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Sloow and something has changed to my speed

Hi there.

There aren't many diagnostics we can do from our side for FTTP circuits, but from what I can see everything looks OK and there's no value for the current line speed profile which means it shouldn't be affecting your throughput at all.

What speeds do you see on a test at www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
f513toy
Grafter

Hi Gandalf,

For the past week or two, over wifi, I've been seeing downloads varying from 21mbps down to 2mbps. Directly plugging in is getting me somewhere between 40 down to 4mbps, except one day when it jumped up to 71mbps for a few minutes. About four times a week I have to unplug the openreach modem for a few minutes and then turn on again and that usually helps for a while.

Externally, there is probably little wrong with the line except I am curious about why I can no longer reach the dizzy heights of 80mbps (and more - once upon a time..). Can you confirm my profile is okay.

Internally over wifi, obviously is where the bigger problem is, but nothing has changed in our house in the past few weeks, even years. I spoke to one of your colleagues and he suggested I turn the router channel selection to manual and pick a less used channel. I used the wifi analyser app and changed from 11 to 6, but haven't really so noticed a difference.

I also use homeplugs and they are also not as fast as in the past.

Any thoughts, advice?

Finally, raising tickets. I am asking all these questions via the forum because I struggled to find out how to raise a ticket in the members website - no obvious link - could get chat working either. When I did speak to someone, as soon as I mentioned I was on the FTTP trial, they couldn't offer up any help except about messing with the router.

Michael

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Martin I mean, Michael. Sorry about that.

Our tests aren't finding any issues but then again we don't have many diagnostics to do for FTTP circuits.

As my colleague Matt said in another thread, our tests show either it works or it doesn't.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTP_SERVICE_0000
Description No Fault in FTTP Service
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status Up
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N

I've reset the profile on our side. Can you reboot your router and let us know how you get on?

Finally, raising tickets. I am asking all these questions via the forum because I struggled to find out how to raise a ticket in the members website

A fault can be raised at http://faults.plus.net

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet