cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since getting Full Fibre there is no wifi signal

jennyhuddles

Since getting Full Fibre there is no wifi signal

We got Full fibre 500 because my husband works from home and I have four children. Since getting fibre the router is so bad we can't even watch TV. The router is in the same room as the TV, literally opposite. We can no longer get WiFi signal around the house, much to my childrens disgust. We never had a problem before switching. Anybody else having problems and got any solutions. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Since getting Full Fibre there is no wifi signal

We can no longer get WiFi signal around the house, much to my childrens disgust

@jennyhuddles that's very strange, the Hub 2 (which I assume you were sent for the upgrade) should have better Wifi than the previous routers.

We never had a problem before switching

What router did you have before ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

At risk of asking a stupid question, but I assume the various devices in your household have all been reconfigured to use the Wi-Fi username/password of the new hub (which will differ to what you were using previously).

Are there any additional Wi-Fi access points or extenders on your network, and if so, have these too been either removed, reset or reconfigured?

Edit: I can see 13 devices connected wirelessly to your hub at the time of writing and all look to have a healthy signal Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jennyhuddles

I had the bog standard plus net router.
jennyhuddles

They maybe all connected but the TV just has the buffering signal all the time. Then if the TV works other devices have the buffering. Yes I changed all the WiFi configurations over. Just a pain.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Might sound a bit clichéd, but given your hub has been up for the last 4-5 days, have you tried the old 'switch it off and back on again'? Wink

Am I safe to assume there are no other Wi-Fi access points on the network then? Just the Hub Two?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I had the bog standard plus net router

@jennyhuddles I was going to suggest it might be possible to revert back to the old router but since @bobpullen (he's the product expert!)  has responded, I suspect he may want to investigate further, with the Hub 2, to get to the bottom of the problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Good point @MisterW 

If the previous hub was a Hub One, then it can still be used by connecting the dedicated WAN port to the LAN port on the Openreach ONT.

Due to a bug though that is being worked on, I may need to make some changes at this side to reprovision the old hub so it establishes a connection properly when hooked up.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team