cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alvintc

Silly question but I assumed I'd get a call asking if I wanted to renew my PN contract - I was going to raise this trial on the call but it never came!

So I'm currently a customer awaiting re-signing, not sure where that puts me in the list of possibles...

7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Sign up still available?

Looking at the DSLchecker screenshot you've provided, I'm afraid FTTP isn't available, only FTTPoD which is no longer offered and was previously much much more expensive.

For the FTTP that is offered on the trial currently, you'd have to look out for WBC FTTP

FTTP DSLChecker.PNG

In regards to re-contracting, I'm afraid it's not possible to call every customer when they come up to the end of their contract, however if you'd be interested in re-contracting on a new offer, I'd recommend giving our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 (Select the option for thinking of leaving)

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
alvintc

HI Harry, Many thanks for the quick response. I guess I'm still missing something as WBC FTTP says available? I'll start the ring round on suppliers & go from there. Many thanks again!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@alvintc wrote:
I guess I'm still missing something as WBC FTTP says available?

I don't see that on the screenshot you uploaded Huh

alvintc dslchecker.jpg

As per my previous response, it does show that FTTP on Demand is available, however I'm afraid WBC FTTP and FTTPoD are not the same and I don't believe any providers (Or Openreach for that matter) offer FTTPoD any more due to the costs involved.

EDIT:

Looks like the Openreach FTTPoD stop sell was lifted last year.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/05/bt-update-fttpod-stop-sell-removal-3db-trial-long-range...

At this stage the service is still very expensive and not really intended for residential homes, but the improvements have been enough to get the “stop sell” lifted. According to BTWholesale, “Stop Sell lifted March 2016 following improvements in order handling and installation process.”

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
alvintc

Hi Harry, 5th column:

WBC FTTP Availability date "Available"

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm afraid that's FTTP on Demand as it states in the products in the Featured Products column.

It needs to show the same as the initial screenshot I responded with:

@HarryB wrote:

FTTP DSLChecker.PNG

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@alvintc  You can get FTTPoD (not from PlusNet) if you've got deep pockets (1000's for install costs then 100's per month for a contract of 3 years), e.g. check this thread.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Edited post 4 as I hadn't realised Openreach had lifted the stop sell on FTTPoD. However I'm afraid this doesn't change previous responses regarding us not providing FTTPoD as part of the FTTP trial.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet