cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent a request.

ToastedFrog

Sent a request.

Hello,
I've just signed up to your FTTP trial (well asked to be added to it  Crazy )
My area is apparently eligible for FTTP  :D.
Can anyone shed some more light onto how the dsl checker's information is well known and how accurate is it?
Thanks
My first post  Grin
4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Sent a request.

Hi Toastedfrog

Bad news I'm afraid.

That screen shot says you can get FTTC, it  is there on the first line i.e. "FTTC Range A"
You are not in an FTTP area as if would say "WBC FTTP" on the first line under featured products.
The bit under "Other Offerings" which says "FTTP on demand" is not the product for the FTTP trial that Plusnet run.
And that product (FTTPoD) has been stopped by BT as it is too expensive to install.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
ToastedFrog

Oh I've been misinformed then  Sad
Thanks for explaining that to me Smiley
-ToastedFrog
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

But you can get FTTC at a good speed though. So not all bad.
The Plusnet FTTP product is the same as the FTTC one, speeds of 80/20 Mbps so you probably wouldn't see much of a difference in real terms. The one good thing FTTP has is that it does not suffer from crosstalk which does affect FTTC lines. But once the data gets to the telephone exchange, FTTP users have the same issues as FTTC users (bad gateways, exchange congestion etc).
And FTTP has its own set of issues which are hard to fix when they happen.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
ToastedFrog

Yeah, I've got FTTC at the moment the cabinet is only about 10/30 meters away from my house so decent speeds Smiley
True but there's always the possibility to one day get better speeds like 330 Mbps, I think its time to move to a FTTP area Wink

-ToastedFrog