cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Romford Exchange - Exchange Enabled Dec 8th but faulty

jhomewood

Romford Exchange - Exchange Enabled Dec 8th but faulty

Hi,
Just to share that the Romford Exchange was FTTC enabled yesterday and I was due to get it installed today (9th). However as soon as the engineer arrived today he informed me that the new server at the exchange is not working and that all 25 orders they tried to install yesterday failed.
He ran some tests at my cabinet this morning but could still see no connection back to the exchange.
Even though they know it won't work their managers have asked them to continue to go to each client and going through the motion of converting them.
At the moment they have no idea when the exchange will be fixed.
So still on ADSL2+ - 3MB until they get it sorted and my appointment rebooked.
Hopefully they will keep PlusNet in the loop on the status.
John
3 REPLIES 3
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: Romford Exchange - Exchange Enabled Dec 8th but faulty

Hi John,
I think we had 2 of you being installed in Romford this week and have said the same thing. I'm waiting to hear back about when the orders are going to be able to be rebooked.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
jhomewood

Thanks Dave,
I was surprised that the exchange was enabled only a few days ago knowing the BT website showed it as being available a couple of weeks ago. I guess BT like to get orders in from day 1, If only they had tested it  :).
John
jhomewood

Hi Dave,
Good News, I can see on BT's forums that they have started contacting their clients today stating the Romford exchange is up and working again. I've updated my ticket with possible install dates based on this - #37213176
Thanks
John
Ref: http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/BT-Inifinity-Installation-won-t-connect-to-broadband/td-p/8145...