cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for people who moved from one FTTP ISP to Plusnet FTTP

FIXED
Sicknote

Question for people who moved from one FTTP ISP to Plusnet FTTP

Right now i am on BT Infinity 2 (56mb i think it's Infinity 2) and would like to move to plusnet mainly for cost reasons.

Is it still the case that i have to come to you as a standard ADSL client and then ask for the trial, if this is the case has anyone had any issues for example had issues getting their FTTP product or any other problems i should be aware of, and how long do i have to be on ADSL before i can ask for the FTTP product?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Question for people who moved from one FTTP ISP to Plusnet FTTP

Moderators Note.
Moved from Fibre to FTTP board.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Sicknote

The only pitfall I can think of is if you live in a new-build which does not / cannot have a copper line installed.

You don't have to be on PN ADSL for a set length of time, in fact I believe you can apply to go on the FTTP trial as soon as you sign up to ADSL and have your order accepted.  I'm fairly sure I've seen someone on here who did what you're proposing, and because all the FTTP equipment was already installed their FTTP was swapped over without the ADSL actually being enabled (or perhaps it was 1 day after).

Although I believe a login is required to reach the page trials.plus.net you can go there as soon as you've signed up for ADSL to apply for the FTTP trial.

Edit: corrected link

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

This should be OK. In theory if you ask your current provider to cease your FTTP service, we should be able to reactivate it in as little as 1 working day.

Alternatively, if your ONT box has more than 1 port then we could potentially provide FTTP on another port, so you could have two FTTP connections at the same time. The thought process behind this would be so there's a bit of overlap and no downtime, as ISPs can't transfer FTTP services between each other.

However, as you know you'll need to sign up as an ADSL (Or FTTC) customer first in order to create an account on our systems.

I'd like to discuss this further with you over the phone if possible, could you send me a private message with a contact number?

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sicknote

OK many thanks for everyone's replies, it would seem i should have no issues with this, so it looks like it's a goer, just need to sort out if phone line is going Plusnet's way or not.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Cheers again (again) for your time on the phone @Sicknote

As discussed feel free to let me know when/how/if you want to go ahead and I'll be happy to help out.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Markuk
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf

I’ve got a friend in the same situation. I’ve sent you a PM with his details - any chance you can give him a call as well to discuss migrating over to Plusnet

Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your PM @Markuk

Apologies for not responding last week.

I'll make contact with them tomorrow evening at some point between 5:30 and 8 if that's OK? Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Markuk
Dabbler

Hi Anoush

That’ll be great - many thanks

Mark