Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisional engineer appt

rebeccabg
Dabbler

Provisional engineer appt

Hi,

We have a provisional engineer appointment for this Friday and it has still not been confirmed. Does this mean it's not going to happen? Bit of a pain as I've had to go ahead and book the day off.

4 REPLIES 4
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Provisional engineer appt

Good Evening Smiley 

I've just had a quick look at the order and can confirm the external work was completed as I'm sure you are aware and an engineer is due round Friday morning to complete your internal installation.

If you would like to know anything more just let me know 

rebeccabg
Dabbler

So the engineer arrived as arranged, but apparently (excuse any incorrect terminology), the previous owners FTTP connection is still active so ours won't work until it is switched. The engineer advised me to contact PN and ask them to perform the switch. I contacted via online chat and the advisor said that the FTTP team needed to wait for the engineer report stating this. Just wondering if this has been received yet?

Couldn't this issue have been identified before hand? The engineer said it was the second time it has happened today.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Good evening, 

When the other is placed against your address, the BT Wholesale systems should identify the existing connection, it could be the previous owners FTTP is registered incorrectly and this is why it didn't show and the order went ahead as it did.

It is odd however that the work could not be completed as you can have up to 4 connections per ONT(FTTP Modem device), but I'll take a look into this and get back to you, someone from our FTTP team should also contact you to advise you what's next once this is resolved.

rebeccabg
Dabbler

Hello,

Just wondered if there's been any progress with our situation? 

Also, the power light is permanently orange on the new router but the 'b' underneath only appears occasionally. Is this expected or is there a fault with the router?