Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promised upload speed increase has not appeared

FIXED
clanla
Grafter

Promised upload speed increase has not appeared

Hi

I have been on FTTP (36/2) for 18 months or so and generally it has been extremely good.  Recently I had an email saying the upload speed would be increased from 1.9 to 9.5.  However this has not happened.  I rang Plusnet on 9th June and the guy said he would raise the issue with the FTTP team. A support ticket was raised but nothing else happened.  I ran again on 14th June and spoke to a guy who seemed more knowledgeable and he said that he could see my profile had not been changed and he changed it for me. He said that it should take effect within four hours and I should reboot the fibre box to get it to resync (well actually he said router but I presume he meant the OpenReach box). In any case I rebooted both.  There was no change so I added a comment to the support ticket. It is now the 19th and still there is no change.  I wonder what is the expected reply time on support tickets.

The BT Wholesale speed test shows the upload speed as 1.85.  Rather worryingly when I click on Further Diagnostics and enter the property details it says that the property does not have FTTP.  I am definitely using FTTP, not FTTC.

8 REPLIES 8
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Promised upload speed increase has not appeared

@clanla

You need to ask Plusnet for your Fibre Circuit id with starts with the letters BBEU. Then you use this in the box marked "Broadband circuit Service ID" in the Further Diagnostics page. It is the only reliable way to get the diagnostics to run.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
clanla
Grafter

Thanks for that information @SpendLessTime. If I ring up again I will ask for the ID. Do you mean I won't be able to get this sorted without ringing them again? I was hoping to avoid another twenty minutes wait on the phone.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

I would wait for one of the FTTP trained staff members to pick up on this thread. They are the ones who know about these matters unlike phone or live chat staff.

Unfortunately because it's trial the FTTP service is not integrated with the PlusNet back office systems. Few staff are trained up on it so this forum is the best place for support.

Brian

clanla
Grafter

OK, thanks Brian

Colin

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @clanla,

I'm sorry to hear your speeds not increased. I've taken a look into this issue today and I've discovered the reason for this, which I've elaborated more on via a ticket response I've raised through your account which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
clanla
Grafter

Many Thanks

Colin

clanla
Grafter

Many thanks @TheMightyAJ all working ok now.

Regards

Colin

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm happy to hear that Colin.

Thanks for letting us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet