cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnets Fibre Router and Modem - opinions

bobafett

Re: Plusnets Fibre Router and Modem - opinions

I'm using a homehub3 which works perfectly. Have not bothered with the Netgear router which quite frankly does not have the functions I need.
At the moment, the homehub3 does not enable one to hides ones SSID or enable Mac Address Filtering.... which i'm pretty sure even the cheap Netgear does by default..
catshill
Grafter

Quote from: mxs
Quote from: Spile
Quote from: bobmaclean
Plusnet supplied me with a Netgear WRN 1000  v3 which does have a wireless antenna and works fine in my house (modern with no thick walls).  It's wireless coverage is far better than the router I was given when I was with Sky.  Are there two versions, with and without antenna?

Are you sure you do not mean the WRN1000v3?
If so it does not have an external antenna. See http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/netgear-wnr1000-wireless-router-03781591-pdt.html

Just to back up the original poster my WNR1000v3 also (supplied from plusnet) has an external antenna so it would appear there are different versions of the v3 if there are some without. Wink
If anyone is interested I can dig it out and find any additional part/model numbers and maybe post a photo.

Please can someone from Plusnet confirm that this is the case?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've seen them both with- and without antennae. I'm not sure which we're currently sending and whether we sent the other in the past, but I've definitely seen both!
jheenan
Grafter

I got a WRN1000v3 from plus this week; definitely no external antenna on this one.