cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet upgrade to fullfibre 500 but all emails appear to be EE

rwhitton

Plusnet upgrade to fullfibre 500 but all emails appear to be EE

Hi,

I just called to upgrade my Plusnet FTTC contract to full fibre. All the emails I've just received are branded EE. Is this expected? I know they are part of the same group of companies but I wasn't expecting to be moved from Plusnet to EE. Has this gone wrong?

Many thanks,

Rob

5 REPLIES 5
rwhitton

Re: Plusnet upgrade to fullfibre 500 but all emails appear to be EE

Hmm. I called plusnet but it appears that when the first lady I spoke to couldn't help me with full-fibre she redirected me and it got picked up by an EE customer service representative. I thought I was still talking to plusnet. He thought I was an existing EE customer. Bizarre.

I had to call EE and cancel the entire order. I then called plusnet again and placed another order to upgrade to full-fibre. This time I received plusnet branded emails.

I have a bad feeling there will be more problems ahead - fingers crossed.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@rwhitton 

Just to be sure, you're aware you lose your landline phone NUMBER.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Rob,

Ah really odd and that shouldn't happen at all. I've just had a look and I'm glad that we're getting things in motion now.

We should be able to update you on the progress within 24 to 48 hours. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rwhitton

Hi Brian, Thanks for the heads-up. As it happens I've not used my landline phone for a number of years.

rwhitton

Thanks Anoush, I'll keep a keen eye on my email inbox for any updates. I fear that that the bogus order placed with EE will cause an automatic service disconnect request to land at Plusnet in due course i.e. Plusnet may assume I've moved to another ISP. Fingers crossed that won't happen.