cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet switched me without a contract - I am without internet - HELP

cssrivats9765

Plusnet switched me without a contract - I am without internet - HELP

Hello

I am trying this message from my mobile phone.

I was with vodafone home broadband for over 24 months and was at the end of the contract.

As part of the black friday offer, i signed up with the plus net full fibre 150. A few days later, i decided to stay back with Vodafone and so called Plusnet to cancel my order (this happened on the 12th of Nov and the installation was scheduled for the 25th of Nov)

Plusnet cancelled the order and i received an email confirming the cancellation.

However yesterday (Nov 24), when i was at work, open reach came, without any prior notifications and have switched my broadband over to Plus net. (my wife was at home and the open reach engineer told her that he had a free slot and can just set up the FF infrastrucutre and that this will not affect the current vodafone service)

But mins after he left, the vodafone service stopped working.

When i returned home and called Plusnet, they said they did not know how this happened and that i am not with them (even though i had no contract with them) and so they opened a new contract to allow me to get back online .

However the process is anything but smooth, they service is still not active and due to ongoing postal strikes, i may not receive the new plusNet router until mid/later part of next week.

Plus net are unwilling to send the router  via a courier or RM special delivery

As a family of 4, we rely a lot of home broadband for both work and socially and the only option i have now is to upgrade all the 4 households' mobile data to unlimited and ask Plusnet to pay for the cost of about £100 (as it was their fault for failing to inform Openreach about the cancellation and moving me away from a perfectly working vodafone home broadband)

If plus.net does not pay me for the £100, can i raise with the communication ombudsman or take this up with a small claims?

Any suggestions most welcome

Regards

Sri

2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

Re: Plusnet switched me without a contract - I am without internet - HELP

@cssrivats9765 wrote:

However the process is anything but smooth, they service is still not active and due to ongoing postal strikes, i may not receive the new plusNet router until mid/later part of next week.

I'm not best positioned to help with your other points, but as far as the router is concerned, it will be dispatched from the warehouse today using Royal Mail's Tracked 24 service. I can't guarantee delivery tomorrow but this service is being prioritised during the strike activity.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

cssrivats9765

Re: Plusnet switched me without a contract - I am without internet - HELP

Thanks

Can you confirm if the router has been despatched as yet as i have not received any notifications so far.