cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet router needs rebooting every week

Hollington

Plusnet router needs rebooting every week

I have been with Plusnet since 2006 and have been happy with the service. 18 months ago I changed to fibre and at the same time moved my landline from BT whom I had been with for over 60 years.

A new router was supplied which I managed to set up OK ( Rather limited tech ability) Every 2 or 3 weeks after that I found I was unable to get on line and had to switch the router off for a while and then all would be OK again. I contacted Plusnet and they sent me a new router but it didn't make any difference. It was not an enormous problem so decided to just reboot now and again.

It has now come down to once per week I have to reboot, a bit worrying  as we are quite elderly and the computer is very important to us at the moment.  The PC has a wired connection and my wife and I both have iPads .

It has been suggested by a friend that it might be an idea for me to purchase a decent router as the Plusnet routers are not very good ??  Sorry a bit long winded but will be very grateful for any advice.  

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Plusnet router needs rebooting every week

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Plusnet router needs rebooting every week

Hello @Hollington I have looked into this for you and cannot see an issue with your lined connection, but a wireless channel issue. I have emailed you over some steps to improved this Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team