cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fails to support FTTP customers

MKG
Dabbler

Plusnet fails to support FTTP customers

I have already had a FTTP (not FTTC) connection for several years.
I was phoned up Friday 05/01/2018 by Plusnet and offered a reduction in the monthly cost if I signed up for an 18 month contract.  I was told that no other changes were required to my contract.  So I agreed to taking out an 18 month contract.

I was asked if there were any issues with Plusnet.  
I said the main issue is that nobody seems to be able to deal with customer issues involving FTTP installations.

I received an email at 01:46 this morning [08/01/2018] saying, "Your broadband product change is now complete"
Less than 11 hours later I get this notification;
"Hello From Plusnet, Unfortunately the fibre modify order failed and upon doing checks I can see that fibre is not currently available in your area. Please contact our customer options team to discuss your options."

This system error shows in spades the ineptitude of Plusnet when dealing with FTTP.
Please get the Plusnet systems sorted to work with customers who have FTTP!

Note

I posted this a few hours ago and it has not appeared, so I am reposting it

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Plusnet fails to support FTTP customers

Moderator's note:

Moved to the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav

@MKG

The original post had been caught by the Spam Filter. I have released and removed it as it was a duplicate.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

MKG
Dabbler

@Mav
Can you please explain why you moved my post?
From;
Plusnet Feedback - Had an experience that you want to tell us about or simply an idea? Let us know!
To
Fibre To The Premises trial - Discussion of the Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) trial run by Plusnet.

To my mind this experience is not a technical problem with my FTTP connection itself but a problem with the Plusnet staff and systems not being able to handle a simple change to contract (initiated by Plusnet) because it involves FTTP connection.  

So I felt it belonged the wider customer experience forum.

MKG
Dabbler

@Mav
I changed the title but my second post was the same text as the first. Why was the first post flagged as spam?

Mav

@MKG

The post I moved was in General Chat and, as the FTTP Trial is operated by a dedicated team, I thought your thread would be best servived in the FTTP Trial board.

Your original post caught by the Spam Filter was in Plusnet Feedback. Sometimes after an edit the Spam Filter gets over-active as it did in this case.

I hope that claifies things.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear how this has been handled on your account.

Ideally we shouldn't have re-contracted your FTTP service as we don't offer discounts or contracts on FTTP.

With that said, I understand this has been put through by the sales adviser that contacted you so I'm happy to honour the deal and leave the discounts on.

With regards to the ticket that's been automatically raised, our system tried to put a product change to FTTC through to our suppliers as your account was re-contracted on a FTTC package because we don't have a dedicated FTTP package.

This basically just caused confusion with the adviser that picked up the ticket. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Apart from the discounts we've added to your account, we'll leave your service as it is.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet