Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Full Fibre

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Full Fibre

So sign up with or upgrade to plusnet FTTP and you will loose your landline number

try and port it to a voip service ( ie sipgate) and it will all go wrong as you will be without internet access as well due to a cease on the line

correct?

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

@bmc 

Isn't the Plusnet end of contract price for 145 at £35.  Plusnet price seems to be £33.99 pm (compared to £30.99 at BT)?

Similarly EoC price for 500 is £47, not £41.99 pm ?

ie. cheaper to move to BT if Plusnet is able to waive early termination fees?Huh

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@bill888 

Yes, I misread your post.

However, I would now point out you're comparing BT new customer prices with PlusNet exisiting customer negotiated prices. What we don't know as yet is what new customer prices will be with PN.

I suspect the waiving of early termination charges will not be around for much longer.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

@pint wrote:

So sign up with or upgrade to plusnet FTTP and you will loose your landline number

try and port it to a voip service ( ie sipgate) and it will all go wrong as you will be without internet access as well due to a cease on the line

correct?

Sort of. If you sign up on a FTTP package as a new customer, this won’t affect any phone service you may have already either with us or another provider. 

If you upgrade an existing account to FTTP with us, then you will lose your landline number unless you port it to another provider closing your existing account then create a new account for FTTP. I can’t see any reason why these can’t be done in tandem, ie lining up the port completion date for when the FTTP’s expected to be installed. Obviously if there’s a delay with the fibre order, you’ll have to delay the port or you’ll be without broadband.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gandalf wrote:

... you will lose your landline number unless you port it to another provider closing your existing account then create a new account for FTTP.   I can’t see any reason why these can’t be done in tandem

But then you lose your existing email account - which some of us have had for more than 20 years !

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah I’m aware. Sad Let me check and I’ll get back to you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gandalf  While you are checking,  what would be the scenario for me ?

I have Plusnet FTTC (broadband only), but copper landline and calls from another supplier.

Would upgrading my Plusnet FTTC account to FTTP cause a cease on my non-Plusnet copper phone connection ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No that wouldn’t affect your phone with another provider as the full fibre would be separate from the phone line. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anonymous
Not applicable

So on the new FTTP service, what is the IPv6 static block subnet size ?

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gandalf wrote:

... you will lose your landline number unless you port it to another provider closing your existing account then create a new account for FTTP.   I can’t see any reason why these can’t be done in tandem

But then you lose your existing email account - which some of us have had for more than 20 years !

Agreed @Anonymous (as mentioned in Message #45).

It can be difficult to cover all bases, but some of the recent decisions seem to have been made without considering their consequences, e.g. ending email only accounts.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Anonymous wrote:

So on the new FTTP service, what is the IPv6 static block subnet size ?

We don’t offer IPv6 addresses but if you’re referring to static IPv4 then we should be able to provide this in the same way we do normally 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
northender
Dabbler

In post 50, this statement was made:-

"But then you lose your existing email account - which some of us have had for more than 20 years !"

Does upgrading from FTTC to FTTP mean you lose the plusnet email addresses (and all content) created previously?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It currently looks that way, only if you’d want to move your landline number to another provider. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
northender
Dabbler

There needs to be a Full Fibre FAQ sticky posted on this group to identify all the "issues" with moving to a Plusnet FTTP contract.

At this point, I can't afford to lose my plusnet email accounts; the loss of the landline will be less of a problem to me.

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I was with plusnet for 18 years, and left due to the fact that plusnet were incredibly expensive and retentions were un interested and refused to come anywhere near a competitive price.

Im now with now, a couple of months into a 12 month deal and no problems.

I know the deal im on is limited to 12 months and i doubt i will get anything like it again £22/month including landline calls for the equivalent of plusnet fibre extra and an ulimited call package ( landline and mobile)

plus I am now in a copper stop sell area.

I would move back to plusnet fttp at the end of my now contract but the lack of a landline  - which i still need as i have people who still geet in touch via that method older relatives, famly friends and so on  pretty much rules that out.