cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options once contract ends

drFishFlan
Grafter

Options once contract ends

Once my trial contract ends what are my options.
The service is ok.. but not sure we need the high speeds and would like to reduce costs.
Is it possible to switch to virgin media since I now have a fibre line to my premises?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
drFishFlan
Grafter

Re: Options once contract ends

I think my main problem is that with the higher cost of the broadband plus the line rental it is quite expensive each month.
Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

FTTP is a completely different service to what Virgin offer so you wouldn't be to transfer that over.
You can always speak with our Customer Options team to see if they can sort a deal out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
drFishFlan
Grafter

Thanks Mathew.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@drFishFlan
As you are on FTTP then you do not need to have a phone line if you don't want one once your phone line contract expires.
See the discussion here for more details  https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136825.0.html
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: drFishFlan
I think my main problem is that with the higher cost of the broadband plus the line rental it is quite expensive each month.

As you've got FTTP it's fairly simple to reduce your costs by dropping your phone line, which would obviously reduce your costs by the amount you pay for line rental plus any call plan you have.
See this thread.
Then just use VoIP which is far cheaper.  If you wanted to keep your existing landline number just port it to somewhere such as Voipfone who (after a one off fee of £20 plus VAT) would then charge you £2.00 plus VAT per month.  There are plenty of VoIP companies offering very cheap calls, obviously you would need to invest in some VoIP kit.