cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreac Outside Visit - Should I be there?

MattyLion

Openreac Outside Visit - Should I be there?

I have received my appointments for the outside and inside work for my FTTP, I initially said I was available any time but have since had to go away on business during the outside work appointment.  I would appreciate knowing how accommodating Openreach can be when it comes to location of the outside box for example, or whether there are any restrictions I should be aware of.  I'm not asking for it to be located anywhere silly, it's just at the front of the house closest to the telegraph pole, but my current BT line goes to the middle of the property on the second floor, obviously I don't want my FTTP connection up there!  I can reschedule the work but I'd rather not do so and risk a long delay.  Any help would be appreciated before I put a note on the account with details of my preference for box location etc.

3 REPLIES 3
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Re: Openreac Outside Visit - Should I be there?

Hi Matthew, I have check this for you and confirm that you do not need to be there for the first external visit on 18/05/17, Once that work is completed then we will update you as to the competition of the second appointment provisionally arranged for 30/05/17 and whether you need to be there for that or not. - Tony.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Is the outside "box" where the cable will enter your property - or can cable be run from this box to the entry point? If the former, you would need to specify exactly where you want it so when the hole is drilled through the wall for the cable there are no surprises on the inside.

Brian

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I concurr with the above answers, but I was in when they did mine and found it very worthwhile to talk to the OR technician, as I was able to ensure the box was where I wanted the entry point to be and although it probably wasn't in his remit - he did look inside to where I wanted the fibre to terminate and put the equipment.

So for peace of mind - if it was me I would cancel any other appointments if I could and be in for the OR person.