cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now on FTTC but do I need to do anything else or not.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Now on FTTC but do I need to do anything else or not.

BT Engineer came this morning and everything went very smoothly. My first speed tests were showing mid 20's Mbps but now after a few hours I'm down to 512K or less. I know that it takes a while until everything stabilses but are these vast differences normal? I've been getting very consistent ~950K speeds for a long time now so for the time being I'm down to half the speed I was getting before the upgrade. I'm not sure if I need to do anything or just sit back and wait - at least I've still got a connection.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Now on FTTC but do I need to do anything else or not.

I've just updated your connection profile. See what the speeds are like now Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Now on FTTC but do I need to do anything else or not.

Cheesy 30359kbps down and 1698kbps up - Thank you Adam.
I was unsure after reading in the forum that this was now being done before the actual upgrade. I'm certainly happy with that. I think I still have some issues to sort out as response times (as opposed to speed) are really slow but that's probably a wireless issue and I'll do more testing when I've got my office straight again and the desktop re-connected. I'm wireless at the moment two floors below the router.
p.s. - by the way, it's the personal rapid service that we get from Plus Net that makes all the difference - it is appreciated!