Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PON light on Openreach modem

JL86
Dabbler

No PON light on Openreach modem

Hi all,

We have fttp onto the ONT which is linked to a google Wi-fi. The connection was down on Thursday night and as I wasn’t around there was some miscommunication in my family and the google Wi-fi box got factory reset instead of being turned on and off Going through resetting this up and can ’t get it to connect using the Ppoe setting using my username@plusd.net and password. I have tried connecting my laptop directly to the ont modem and starting a new dial up over ppoe but getting the same connection failed error. The ont box lights on but the PON light is off (although it did come on late last night). When I got in this evening (didn’t get it working last night) the LOS light was red until I restarted it and now neither PON or LOS are lit. Any suggestions? We do have Vodafone digging up the estate I live on to our in fttp for everyone (even though I already have fttp!). Could this fault be a result of the works, can my line be checked? Any other suggestions?
Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
JL86
Dabbler

Re: No PON light on Openreach modem

An update. Left the modem off overnight and restarted this morning. It eventually got the PON light on but I can’t connect using my password or username over ppoe either using my google Wi-fi or by directly setting up a dial up broadband ppoe through my laptop
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@JL86 wrote:

... can ’t get it to connect using the Ppoe setting using my username@plusd.net and password. 

@JL86 

Presumably the 'd' in your username as quoted above is a typo and you're not including it in the actual username you're typing?

See my correction below.

Edit:  I said that because my login details are accountname@plus.net as I have an older account, yours would most likely be accountname@plusdsl.net

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @JL86 I'm sorry to see you're unable to connect to your FTTP service and for the delayed response. I can see you've got in touch with our support team and we've booked an engineer for tomorrow morning to investigate this. 

I can't run a test down your FTTP service as there's an open fault with Openreach (We just get 'Test Rejected' error when we try) however I've pulled up the results from the adviser's test around an hour ago.

Unfortunately it's not uncommon for remote tests on an FTTP connection to show very little to no useful information:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID: N/A Service ID: [redacted]

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTP_SERVICE_0000
Description No Fault in FTTP Service
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status Up
Downstream Speed Mbps
Upstream Speed Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Target Fix Time  
Fault Report Advised N
DP Type External
Profile Name  
Time Stamp  
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate Mbps Mbps Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate Mbps Mbps Mbps
Up Time Sec Sec Sec
Retrains      
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp    
Ingress Code Violation    
Egress Code Violation    
Errored Seconds    
Severely Errored Seconds    
Unavailable Seconds

Having said that, I've checked the connection logs of the BT servers, and the last attempt to connect into the BT network was Wednesday at 18:39 PM.

It sounds like you've done what you can to get back online, so I'd say an engineer is the next step.

Let us know how the appointment goes tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JL86
Dabbler

Yep mine is @plusdsl.net missed typed it!
JL86
Dabbler

Well engineer came, she did lots of work but found nothing. On Sunday evening we managed to get it all connected back on again, and was working perfectly for 4 days until a couple of hours ago it dropped off again and the PON light is once again no longer lit so there is no connection Sad
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @JL86 I'm sorry to see you're continuing to experience connection problems with your FTTP service. Could you reply to your fault ticket Here with further availability when you'd be free for an engineer to visit?

This would likely be next week as there doesn't look to be any Saturday timeslots this time around unfortunately. Once you've added a reply to the ticket, I'll get the appointment booked in and this escalated with our suppliers.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet