cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fibre - No update - blocked duct :(

sri130
Dabbler

No Fibre - No update - blocked duct :(

Jumped on the FTTP trial and was fortunate to get BT open reach out for the first phase of connecting the house to the street duct.
After 45 minutes he says he can't do it - showed me that the rod will just not bend at where my house duct, meets the street duct - 95% of the run Sad
I doubt its a blockage, its more likely the two ducts meet at too much of an angle for the rods to bend around, but it still needs sorting.
After that visit, complete silence from Plusnet, despite my repeated prompts.
Randomly a large X has been painted on the path where the approximately blockage is with "BT" next to it - but nothing further.
Anyone else been in this position?
23 REPLIES 23
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No Fibre - No update - blocked duct :(

Hi there,
As FTTP is still in trial, the turnaround times can be a fair bit longer than normal due to the low number of staff trained on how to order the product. I've given them a nudge to ask them to look at your ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

When our street was being hooked up a lot of time was lost with BT trying to get permission from the landowner (privately owned road) to dig holes to fix a problem in the ducting between the DP and the base of the pole. They duly dug their trench, filled it all in and tarred it over nicely, only to find there was still a problem, so they had to go through the whole procedure again. Worth the wait though  Smiley
sri130
Dabbler

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, but a little 'update' would be ideal.
The road is adopted by the local council, so the very least bit of information such as 'awaiting highways visual inspection' or something would at least keep it ticking along.  Rather than nothing.
It's a soft dig - no tarmac, albeit bricked road surface - so I could probably get the shovels out myself and make a start...
sri130
Dabbler

No update still...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry about this but I've just looked at the order and it's been cancelled due to an issue during the process. We need to get this replaced and keep you updated. I'm going to find out how to get this placed and we'll update you tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sri130
Dabbler

What?!??!?!?!
Please let me know:
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Phone number removed from a public forum but available to PN.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry for the delay in updating you on this. Your order was cancelled by our suppliers. This is more a clerical issue than anything, and won't detrimentally impact you.
Your order's been replaced, and the two have been amalgamated together. We are now waiting on Openreach for a resolution to the ducting issue. As soon as we get an update, I'll let you know. Apologies for the delay.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
sri130
Dabbler

Open reach came out again last week.
"hasn't this been dug up yet?" where the engineers first comments.
He had a go at rodding it again, but with the same outcome.
We now have a Yellow X - where there was previously a white one.
I asked if there was any update via the open ticket/question, but haven't heard anything. 
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

MattyC isn't in at the moment so I'll get someone else to look into it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

Any updates?
sri130
Dabbler

Nope.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Apologies for the lack of updates. We've been advised to reappoint your order by Openreach. I've gotten you a date booked in. Ticket: 104038297 refers.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
sri130
Dabbler

Hi Matty,
I've noted the date for the internal appointment, but there still isn't any fibre under the ground.  Openreach came out and dug up the duct and said I'd have to have an 'overlay' trench dug on the front lawn, as the duct had a weird arrangement where it met my house.
I'm happy for the digging to commence, but no date has been advertised for that, so the 30th might be a wasted appointment.
Can you ask Openreach what and when is happening with the dig?
Thanks
sri130
Dabbler

Matty - can you check what is going on with Open reach?
Internal appointment is now 7 days away.
But I'm still not connected to the duct in the street (so 2nd appt would be a waste).
I've said all along I'm happy to have an overlay/trench on the front lawn, which is tiny anyway.  The duct is 4 metres from my front door.