Did you mean: 

New fttp now too slow to be useable

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: New fttp now too slow to be useable

Our tests are actually showing a potential issue with the ONT

"Ethernet parameters breaching thresholds on ONT NNI Port. Check that ONT is plugged in and switched on"

Can you try rebooting it?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
LouB
Dabbler

I'd already reset the router multiple times, but I've now restarted the ons (disconnecting the cable from the battery, as well as the mains). No difference- in fact worse if anything(it had crept up to 0.6, now back down to 0.1). I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that the power comnection in is a bit dodgy(goees off and has to be pushed slightly to make a connection). Strange that I have seen the good speeds though.
Please could you suggest next step.
Thanks.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@LouB

If you have a new style box (combined ONT & BBU) there is a reset pin hole on the left hand side of the unit about one third of the way down. You can see it here (you need to click through to the manufacture's guide).

https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/news/new-equipment-for-installing-ultrafast-broadband-in-newl...

Brian

LouB
Dabbler

I've used the reset, and still only 0.11 down, 9.6 up.
Thanks
LouB
Dabbler

Thanks-done that, no change. Still less than 1 Mbps down, more than 9 up.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear it's not made a improvement

We've raised this as a fault and we'll update you when we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
LouB
Dabbler

Any word on what happens next? Considering I have no useable service , its taking a long time to get any answers, let alone a fix.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@LouB

Has a fault ticket been raised on your account - Login to your Members page and look under "View My Questions" in the Help & Support section.

Brian

LouB
Dabbler

Good point @bmc

There's just the original http request open, to which I have added comments about the speed issues. In the last hour, the comment has been added 

"Poor speeds on FTTP"
"Ethernet parameters breaching thresholds on ONT NNI Port. Check that ONT is plugged in and switched on"

which is where we were yesterday.

There are then various closed questions and service notices relating to the provisioning.

But no fault as such. I thought that this would happen as a result of the discussion on this form yesterday - is it something I need to action myself?

BTW, its a bit more urgent than "poor speeds" suggests - 0.1Mbps, which is what I'm seeing a lot of the time,  is unusable.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @LouB I have updated your fault ticket and further action is required from yourself to progress this forward.  If you can update the ticket via the link below with the required information. Drop us a message once you have done this so we can progress this from our side.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=174768707

Thanks

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
LouB
Dabbler

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @LouB I can confirm this fault has now been progressed, I have booked the appointment for the first availability given. please check the ticket for further updates. If you require any more information moving forward please let us know.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=174768707

Thanks.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
LouB
Dabbler

The chap from OpenReach was a bit puzzled by the ? Light levels, but it eventually turned out a different team from OpenReach was already working on the problem elsewhere. Connection is varying between 35Mbps and no sync- apparently I have to just wait until they fix it, so may have no stable internet for another week.
Thanks to everyone for their help, but its all down to openreach.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Lou. Keep us posted, let us know how things go over the next few days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet