Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer looking for FTTP

FIXED
benwilson

New customer looking for FTTP

Hello,
Apologies if this has been asked before - I'm moving into a new build home which only has FTTP installed.

At first, I was pretty happy about that, but turns our BT want £50 for installation (even though everything's already there), plus quite a high monthly cost. They gave me a list of alternative suppliers, but none are viable, all being more expensive. Looks like they've built a nice monopoly there!

Was interested to hear about the Plusnet trial, but I'm not a customer of Plusnet (or anyone, yet)!
Although the Openreach checker confirms that FTTP is installed and ready, Plusnet's checker says broadband isn't in the area, so I can't sign up to become a customer that way.

I've followed the trials.plus.net link, but that seems to be for existing customers to sign in... 

Is there any way for a totally new customer to Plusnet to get onto the trial?

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New customer looking for FTTP

Fix

Welcome to the community forums @benwilson

Sadly the FTTP trial is currently only open to existing customers as we can't sign up an account directly onto FTTP because the signup journey at www.plus.net doesn't offer an FTTP package.

In the past, I've known people to sign up on ADSL then upgrade, but if there's only FTTP showing at www.dslchecker.bt.com for your home, there isn't much we can do I'm afraid. Sorry for any disappointment caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
benwilson

Thanks for the info and help @Gandalf!

Thought it was a long shot, but useful to know for sure.

I hope the market opens up a bit in future so it's not just BT ruling the roost!

Best wishes and thanks again!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all. I'd keep checking our site every so often and hopefully FTTP will show up in the not too distant future.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet