cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build with Openreach FTTP installed and two solid green lights - how do I order FTTP/Trial?

E11smt

New build with Openreach FTTP installed and two solid green lights - how do I order FTTP/Trial?

Hi,

I'm trying my hardest to order broadband but seem to be struggling.

It's a new build.

Openreach have installed the FTTP kit.

two solid green lights.

How do I order/join the trial please?
Thanks,

Elliot

13 REPLIES 13
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: New build with Openreach FTTP installed and two solid green lights - how do I order FTTP/Trial?

The PlusNet trial is for existing customers only. It you are one then it's possible you may get accepted on the trial.

Because it's a trial the FTTP product is not integrated with the back office systems and few staff are trained up on it. This forum is probably the only place you can get help. You'll need to wait for FTTP trained staff to pick up this thread.

Brian

E11smt

Re: New build with Openreach FTTP installed and two solid green lights - how do I order FTTP/Trial?

Hi Brian,

Thank you.

I am currently a plusnet mobile customer.

and we have FTTP openreach installed at the house.

Is there no application page then?

Thanks!

Elliot

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

I'm pretty sure you need to be an existing broadband customer to qualify. I'm sure a staff member will be along to confirm that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Elliot.

The application page is http://trials.plus.net but DaveyH is correct in saying that you'll need to be a broadband customer in order to signup I'm afraid.

This is because you'll need a broadband username/account to login to the trials page, and in order to get a broadband account we'll need to create you an account via www.plus.net which only offers FTTC or ADSL at this time.

If ADSL or FTTC is available for you then my advice would be to sign up, then once your account goes live you'll be able to join the FTTP trial - providing WBC FTTP is available when you go to www.dslchecker.bt.com

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
E11smt

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

When you say sign up first, do you mean place a broadband order?

Unfortunately at the moment, the plusnet system still doesn't recognise my address, for some reason. Although my fttp lights have been solid green for 2 weeks now and I have been in the house for 1 month

Thanks

Elliot

bmc
Hero

From what I know you need to have a working internet connection from PlusNet before they consider you for the FTTP trial.

As it's a new build, the first question is does it have a traditional phone line available - without this you can't order ADSL from PlusNet so can't become a customer.

PlusNet uses OpenReach databases to check addresses - does yours show up on the DSL Checker when using the Post Code version. http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately at the moment, the plusnet system still doesn't recognise my address, for some reason. Although my fttp lights have been solid green for 2 weeks now and I have been in the house for 1 month

It's possible you're in an FTTP only property so we'd unfortunately be unable to sign you up I'm afraid

If you can PM me your address I can double check this

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
E11smt

Still doesn't seem to show up yet using the dslchecker postcode finder :(.

But I do believe we will be an FTTP only service, we wont have a normal phone line

bmc
Hero

In which case you'll be out of luck with PlusNet.

According to OpenReach only 4 ISP's currently offer an FTTP product

BT Retail

Zen Internet

Andrews & Arnold

Spectrum Internet

Brian

bmc
Hero

As it's a new build house you could try contacting OpenReach directly to ask exactly what connection has been provided - FTTP only or FTTP and traditional voice.

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/help-support/new-build-homes

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your details via PM.

Still doesn't seem to show up yet using the dslchecker postcode finder Sad.

In which case you'll be out of luck with PlusNet.

It does appear that way I'm afraid, until FTTP comes out of the trial phase and is offered to new customers.

I've no timeframes with regards to that nor do I know if there are any plans unfortunately.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
E11smt

Thanks for everyone'es replies.

I have emailed our Openreach contact to ask about FTTP/FTTP with traditional voice.

Thanks for the list of other providers also, I will check them out!

bmc
Hero