Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build with FTTP

FIXED
ronc45
Hooked

New build with FTTP

Hi Hope you can provide some advice.  I will be moving to a new build property in July - September time frame which will have FTTP only as connectivity.  I currently use Talktalk and contract is coming to end in few months.  Can I move to Plusnet on TalkTalk contract end then move house and get straight onto the FTTP trial.  I hardly ever use telephone so interested in BB only solution.

Thanks for any advice 

Ron

50 REPLIES 50
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New build with FTTP

Hi Ron, yes. 

You'd just need to sign up for a fibre package first of your choice then apply for the FTTP trial over at http://trials.plus.net

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Ron

I believe you need to be with PlusNet before you move house so it becomes a transfer of service between properties rather than a new customer at the new property - which PlusNet don't provide on it's FTTP "trial" (if that makes sense!!!).

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adamwalker  Surely the OP could get any service (i.e. ADSL or fibre) from PlusNet before they move house, it doesn't have to be fibre. They then do a house move and upgrade to FTTP at the new property.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It needs to be a fibre account type to be eligible for the FTTP trial. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@adamwalker  I'm very puzzled now, is this a special requirement for a house move to FTTP only premises? If so it doesn't make sense. What about all the customers on ADSL who can not even get a fibre (FTTC service) who have successfully joined the FTTP trial.. Very few areas have both FTTC  and FTTP available. 

ronc45
Hooked

Thanks all for the responses.  I am happy to move to a fibre account when Talktalk contract expires so that appears to work. How does it work regarding telephone line if it is a FTTP only install (no copper) also what happens with regard to line rental on moving can I cancel and only pay the broadband only surcharge or is there any other options.

Thanks

Ron

bmc
Hero

Although it may cost more in the short term I believe you can sign up on a no contract basis, You would then cancel your phone line as part of the move. As you have already noted there is a £2.50 surcharge for broadband only.

Be aware that the FTTP "trial" is not integrated with the PlusNet back office systems so generally support know little if anything about FTTP. Best way to organise the move is through this forum well in advance. A FTTP trained staff member would pick up and organise things for you.

Also, it's been seen in the past that the FTTP "service" is not always immediately available in new builds. You'll need to keep on top of the build sales people with regards to overall availability.

Brian

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

@ronc45 You can sign up on a standard ADSL account and when it comes to moving we should be able to provide you a FTTP service providing it's available

If you post again closer to the time of you moving properties we'll get somebody to call you.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Rusty1

Good Morning Mathew.

I am currently a Plusnet customer  with standard ADSL broadband and am in the same situation with regards moving to a new property on or just after the 9th March 2018. The new build has FTTP and a BT ONT currently installed. The BT openreach fibre checker confirms this also. How much notice will you need to start the transfer process to new property.

Many thanks

bmc
Hero

@Rusty1

When you say the BT OR fibre checker confirms this are you speaking about he DSL checker

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If so, get your trial request submitted ASAP - make it clear on the form it is both a transfer (on a future date) and an upgrade to FTTP. You can state the ONT is already in place.

Brian

Rusty1

Brian

Thanks for the reply.

This was the checker i used to determine supply for the new postcode and address.

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre?

I cant use the link provided by yourself as i have no telephone number or line id etc for the required fields.

Ta

Russ

bmc
Hero

@Rusty1

Russ - the link I gave has further links to both an Address and a Post Code checker. You need to try these as this is what PlusNet use to determine availability of a product. If the new build isn't yet on the OpenReach database then you may have problems. Note there are cases where the different checkers provide different results as OR databases don't seem to talk to each other.

Brian

Rusty1

bmc

I have checked via the link you have supplied against the address of the new property and the table reports available and install process at stage 2. downstream speed up to 330mbps and upstream up to 50mbps. I presume this will come back as ok to plusnet

ta

Russ

bmc
Hero

@Rusty1

Looks like every thing is in order on the OR database so I'd get the FTTP trial request submitted ASAP, providing as much info as possible. Although PlusNet should respond via e-mail or text (depending on your preferences) keep an eye on "View my Questions" on your PlusNet Members page (you need to be logged in).

The support ticket will be listed and this is where you need to respond to any PlusNet questions.

Brian