cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Full Fibre Installation not working

Antonspeed
Dabbler

New Full Fibre Installation not working

I had my full fibre installed on Thursday 4th May, but have been unable to get the router to connect at all since. I have had an Openreach Engineer out which resulted in a replacement router being sent but that too does not connect. All I get on both routers is the solid orange light, it does not flash, just goes straight to solid. I feel this is an authentication issue but having spoken to PlusNet a few times now, they do not seem to be able to resolve the issue and Openreach say that their line and ONT coming in to the property is all working correctly. Has anyone experienced this and have any ideas of what the issue could be? It's a brand new fibre line in to the Hub 2 router. Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

Re: New Full Fibre Installation not working

If you check the router broadband page , does the broadband username show setup@plusdsl.net or 《youraccountname》@plusdesl.net ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Antonspeed
Dabbler

Hi, it shows the setup@plusdsl.net. It won’t accept my login details and just goes back to default if you try to change them.
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@Antonspeed 

Did you disconnect the Hub from the ONT before trying to change this? (Either physically remove the cable or in the GUI).

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Hi, it shows the setup@plusdsl.net. It won’t accept my login details and just goes back to default if you try to change them.

in that case I would guess that the circuit hasn't been provisioned correctly. Hopefully one of the plusnet help team will be along shortly to check things out and get it sorted.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Antonspeed
Dabbler

No, I’ll give that a try.
Antonspeed
Dabbler

Ok, so I tried disconnecting the ONT and then login in but this didn’t work either. It thought about it but then just says Disconnected. Not sure what else I can do other than wait for PlusNet to sort it out but it’s already been 6 days so it’s a bit frustrating.
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@Antonspeed 

Are you saying that with the Hub disconnected from the ONT, then the Hub did save your personal login details, but then continued to say "Disconnected"?

I assume that you then plugged the Hub back in to the ONT, but it still did not work?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Not sure what else I can do other than wait for PlusNet to sort it out but it’s already been 6 days so it’s a bit frustrating. 

Routers are initially configured with the setup username, they connect to the PLusnet servers and auto configure with the correct account username. If the router is failing to connect ( light not going blue ) with the setup credentials, then that would point to a provisioning fault. It needs Plusnet/OR to fix.

Antonspeed
Dabbler

Thanks, I feel it’s a provisioning issue too but neither PlusNet or OR are taking responsibility and fixing it. They just keep passing the problem between each other. I am waiting for PN to call me but again that’s been nearly 24hrs. Not sure why it is so difficult to get this fixed but they really don’t seem too interested….
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

If one of the Help team doesnt pick this up today, I'll try escalating it to get some traction.

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Hey @Antonspeed, I'm sorry that you've had issues with your connection since joining us. I can see your account is now with our High-Level Escalation team and your case handler will be in touch with you shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
devilray
Hooked

Have you had any response @Antonspeed and managed to get it working!? Huh I was going to recommend PlusNet to one of my clients, as I thought the customer service was second to none; but your experience isn't looking particularly good! Especially if you've had it for over a week with no internet! In this day and age, with everyone working from home, it's a necessity! 

Antonspeed
Dabbler

Still nothing from Plusnet. Waiting a call back but they do not seem in a rush to do that. I work from home mainly so this is causing massive issues for me. Already having to buy data just to tether my phone to my laptop and so the kids can do their online homework. 7 days since the failed installation and the issue hasn’t even been identified. I certainly wouldn’t recommend but we will see if they can sort it out and hopefully very soon.
devilray
Hooked

That's rubbish! Tethering your own phone isn't a solution as it can get very costly...  @ClaudiaG23 @MisterW - Are PN actually doing anything to get to the bottom of this or providing a temporary solution for someone who works from home? 😕

It appears you can get compensation @Antonspeed ...