Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTC Installation

Mikeyb72
Dabbler

New FTTC Installation

Morning all!!
I have recently been accepted on the fibre trials and i had the service installed on the 6th of March and everything was going great:
that was until 2 days ago when my speed dropped from 35mb down speed to 3mb down speed  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Overall Plusnet have been very helpful and the tech staff I have spoken have been great but really wanting to get this sorted out.
Any comments or help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Michael
4 REPLIES 4
jedi98
Grafter

Re: New FTTC Installation

Could be: -

• Profile - PN tech probably checked this for you already, you should be on 20 or 37 in member centre / high speed broadband

• Line glitch - turn BT modem off/on and wait 3 days to see if the speed comes back

• Faulty modem - is the BT modem very hot? If so turn off, leave to cool, turn on, if this fixes it raise fault against the modem with PN

• Faulty line or cabinet equipment, only PN could determine this.

knowdice
Rising Star

Have you power cycled the BT modem and your router?
Mikeyb72
Dabbler

@ Knowdice
Yeah have powered cycled the BT Modem and the router, speed picks up for a little while and then drops low again.
Cheers
Michael
knowdice
Rising Star

There do seem to have been several reports on here of faulty modems as jedi98 says how hot is yours?
Mine sits on the floor and with an ambient temperature of 18-20degC the top of the modem measures at 32degC - so just warm really.
So if you have a temperature issue then you probably need to raise a ticket and get the unit replaced.