Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Trial started today

jbatt
Grafter

My Trial started today

Hi
The BT engineer was at my place just after 8am and was really helpful. This was an enginner that seemed to really like his job and had good people skills.
He connected me up within 30mins and went through some tests.
I looked at his job card, and it says to set me up on a 40/10 Mb ratio, not 80/20 as I've signed up too. Plusnet, can my profile/connection be tuned for 80/20 please? He recons it can, but set it to 40/10 as that was put on his job card so he had to follow that.
My speed results are
Download: 1.12Mb
Upload: 5.25Mb
I assume those speeds will improve over the next couple of days.
Thanks
James

9 REPLIES 9
jbatt
Grafter

Re: My Trial started today

Here is a link to my speed test
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

i believe that once your 40/2 is running you then can be put on the 80/20 trial  Wink also your new connection is still on the training 10 days hopefully you will see a improvement  Cool ,  your speed will depend on your distance from the green cab
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The download speed suggests that the Plusnet line profile (shown as 'current line speed here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed) is yet to be reset for the FTTC service.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jbatt
Grafter

Hi
Thanks for the replies. I'm about 2 mins walk from the Green box. The BT enginner said I should expect to see nearly full speed.
I look forward to the 80/20 because my broadband was seriously slow which made the the girlfriend un-happy lol. Hopefully the questions she asks can now be put to bed - Why is the internet slow, on TV we can get faster internet for cheaper price  etc Grin
James
jbatt
Grafter

My speed test now shows

Hopefully closer too 80/20 soon 😉
jbatt
Grafter

Hi
My speed has now reverted back, and it's real slow.
I have replied to the support ticket

Thanks
James
BeadHobby

Hi James
You should have a speed of about 35meg down and 2meg up, and if you are not getting this I would reset the router and bt box and see what happends
I dont know if you have been advised of this but you need to leave your router and bt box on all the time and dont turn it off at any times and a reset at this point will not harm your speeds
I have just started the same trial and you have to be on the 40meg trial before you can get the upgrade.
Mine was installed yesterday 22nd May and the second part of our upgrade will take place on 24th May, So in a couple of days you will be on the full 80/20 trial
My speeds at the moment are as follows 36-38meg Download and about 1.7meg upload
Like yourself I cant wait to get on the full trial and see what sort of speeds I get, and I know that as you have had a little taste of the speed you can get you will soon have the full speed and will love every bit of it.
Hang in there as the next 10 days your speed will go up and down a little but you will enjoy it as soon as it is more stable
jbatt
Grafter

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
Lastnight my internet connection settled at 39/7. It's so much better than regular broadband  Smiley
For me, the extra cost is well worth it. I was struggling on 1Mb
James
BeadHobby

Hi James
Great to see you are getting a much better service than your 1meg and I was getting about the same prior to my upgrade
Ive just been upgraded to the full 80/20 trial and pleased to report the following
54.25 Download
15.71 Upload
As you will know going from 1meg to this sort of speed is pure heaven
The max speed my line can handle is 62.1meg so still in the stone age even though the property is only 4years old
So far have no complaints about the speed and well happy so far