Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to full fibre

FIXED
CapGrumpy
Hooked

Moving to full fibre

I am just about to renew and am totally confused about full fibre and what happens with phone calls - any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Moving to full fibre

Fix

Basically, @CapGrumpy , you lose the ability to make phone calls over the PSTN network. If you want a 'land line' you have to set up your own VoIP service - PN Full Fibre does not have a 'phone' component.

John
CapGrumpy
Hooked

So if I am understanding you right - I have to have a separate contract with a VOIP supplier ?

Why are Plusnet missing the boat with this ? - FFTP + Digital Voice seems logical - having a separate contract with VOIP  is more hassle than its worth.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

You ae understanding me perfectly correctly - you have to arrange your own VoIP contract with a VoIP provider.

PN are not 'missing the boat' , this is a decision made 'on their behalf' by BT Consumer, of which they are merely the 'low-cost' broadband provider.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@CapGrumpy 

I assume you fully understand you lose your phone number - even if you setup a VOIP account.

For whatever reason, a commercial decision was made not to offer VOIP on PN FTTP. It is a customers decision as to whether to stay to change provider. Many people, though not all, no longer use a landline.

Brian