Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to another provider

FIXED
L3nny
Hooked

Moving to another provider

I've had the Plusnet FTTP trial for almost 2 years and while I am reasonably happy with it it's quite expensive. Sky have some good bundle deals on at the moment but when trying to switch to them they tell me I can only get ADSL. 

Is it possible to move my account to another provider? 

13 REPLIES 13
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Moving to another provider

Fix

Good Afternoon Lenny, 

You are more than welcome to move to another provider to supply your FTTP service, however this provider must also supply WBC FTTP, Sky being an LLU provider do not offer such service, at the moment I am only aware of Zen and BT Retail who offer the WBC FTTP service.

L3nny
Hooked

That clears things up, thanks.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@L3nny

AA ISP also offer WBC FTTP, details can be found at   http://aa.net.uk/broadband-home1.html

When you click on quote/order and enter your details, the system will find that you are a WBC FTTP customer and quote for that.

This thread at Thinkbroadband is about the choice of ISPs who offer WBC FTTP (at varying price points)  http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4504451-fttp-isp-am-i-stuck-with-bt.html?view=collapsed&fpa...

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet was cheap compared to all the other FTTP providers when I looked, especially if you don't want a phoneline. I specifically moved to plusnet at my old flat before moving to a house with FTTP so that I could get Plusnet's prices, as BT were a lot more expensive.

L3nny
Hooked

So I can get rid of the landline and stop paying line rental?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@L3nny

With Plusnet once your phone contract has finished its minimum term then you can cancel the land line. (or cancel early and pay the cancellation charges on the phone). Just ask on this board as the Chat/Phone staff cannot handle it. I cancelled my landline 22 months ago so I'm only paying for my FTTP at £22.49 a month.

Some of the other ISPs also do not require line rental. AA do not. Neither does ZEN although with ZEN the monthly price is less than £1 cheaper for no landline!

But if you want cheap then your only choice is Plusnet. The rest will all charge from 50 a month upwards rising fast.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

That's because Plusnet's pricing for FTTP without line rental is basically a mistake which doesn't match the wholesale costs.

If you look at the Openreach or BTWholesale price lists, you'll see there are two different sets of FTTP prices, the lower "Transition" ones apply if there's still a copper line having rental being paid on it, and the higher "Data Only" prices apply if you're not paying line rental. The BTWholesale monthly ex. VAT cost for 80/20 FTTP is £16 with line rental, and £25 without.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@L3nny wrote:

So I can get rid of the landline and stop paying line rental?

To answer your question, yep. If you're out of contract, we'll be able to revert your account to Fibre Only. It's £2.50 more per month, though. If you're within a contract and would like to pay off the phone side of the contract that's also cool.

Let me know if you decide to go ahead, as it's not something that every adviser knows how to do because FTTP is basically a trial. The account would also need monitoring for a few days afterwards to make sure no ticket is automatically generated to close it once the line is ceased.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
L3nny
Hooked

I haven't used my landline since I moved into the house, don't even own a phone so may as well cancel it.

Please can you let me know how to proceed with that. Thanks.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'll raise a ticket on your account once I'm back in the office on Tuesday.

Once you reply to it with confirmation you're happy to go ahead I'll then arrange the necessary.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just an update, I've raised a ticket on your account @L3nny

Another update, all done & dusted. Package is now Fibre Only and any overcharges for your line rental are on their way back to you.

L3nny
Hooked

Just received your note. Thanks a lot for your help. Excellent service, happy to be staying with Plusnet Smiley

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem.

If you have any other queries or issues you know where we are. Smiley