Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home fttp to fttp

carnview7
Dabbler

Moving home fttp to fttp

Hi,

I'm moving home at the end of May/early June. I am currently on the fttp trial and my new address already has fttp, can I transfer my services across?

Thanks

Kris
12 REPLIES 12
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Moving home fttp to fttp

Thanks for getting in touch @carnview7

We can arrange this but we'd recommend contacting a member of staff on here as you wouldn't be able to arrange it via the phone

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
carnview7
Dabbler

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.
What notice period would you need for this?
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @carnview7, there isn't a specific notice period. However, it is best to contact us once you have a confirmed date for your move or once you have a preferred date for your new services in your property.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Just to add to the previous response, FTTP orders can complete within 1 working day if all of the equipment (ONT etc.) is already in place, however it can take many months for an order to complete if additional work is required (I once dealt with one from start to finish, which took over 11 months, but that may have been an outlier)

It may be worth double checking if there's already an active ONT in place as this will give you a better idea. If there isn't, I'd recommend getting an order placed sooner rather than later.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
carnview7
Dabbler

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

There's an active ONT already in situ, which sounds like it should be ok, fingers croseed!
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @carnview7

That sounds good and promising. When you are free to do so, I would advise you to contact our House Move Team on 0800 328 4625.

Opening Times: 
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday 
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday 
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

They will carry out the transfer of your services across to your new premises. Following from this, notify us on this support channel and we can help assist with the FTTP connection.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

carnview7
Dabbler

Can we add the TV package at the same time as the home move?

Thanks

Kris
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@carnview7 

Unless things have changed the TV package is not available to those on the FTTP Trial. The service is not integrated with their back office systems.

You can get the BT Sport App for £5 pm

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Kris.

Yes and no, we can add the BT Sport app or leave it on if you already have it, however we generally can't setup a YouView service for FTTP connections due to the way we provision YouView.

Could you let us know over here (or feel free to send me a private message) once you have a move date and know your new address and we'll sort this out via a support ticket on your account.

If you phone in it's unlikely we'll be able to order FTTP because as far as I'm aware there are only a handful of advisers trained on provisioning an FTTP service due to this being a trial (now closed).

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carnview7
Dabbler

Hi,

Can I ask why Youview isn't available?
I was going to cancel Sky and take out the TV package with entertainment extra and the HD package.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Our system checks for FTTC availability with speeds of at least 15mbps using the landline telephone number when ordering YouView, and properties that can get FTTP generally can’t get at least 15mbps FTTC if at all.
Sorry for the disappointment.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@carnview7 

You already know an ONT is available at the new address but I've been playing about with the original DSL Checker.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

It now appears to include a narrative about FTTP status. Looking at my address (and nearby neighbours) I've seen the following messages.

ONT exists with active service. A spare port is available. A new ONT may be ordered

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered

ONT exists with active service. No spare ports are available. A new ONT may be ordered

The first is mine - I have an old style ONT which has 4 ports and two phone connectors. I suspect the last message will relate to the new style ONT which has only one port and one phone.

Brian