cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from ADSL2+ to FTTP - £25 Cessation fee payable?

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Moving from ADSL2+ to FTTP - £25 Cessation fee payable?

As topic heading.
1. Would the £25 'Cessation charge' be payable if my Internet  service is provided over PlusNet FTTP (trial ATM) rather than xDSL and my phone service remained with BT (AIUI, presumably over copper because phone and Internet from different providers)?
2. Would the charge be payable if I moved my Internet service to BT FTTP (so that both phone and Internet were via BT)?  The reason I ask this second question is because presumably the Internet service would be ceased on my copper line, and BT 'may' (or will?) provide the phone service via fibre, in which case the copper service would be ceased altogether.
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Moving from ADSL2+ to FTTP - £25 Cessation fee payable?

There is no cessation charge in moving from ADSL: to FTTC or FTTP
Note that with the latest price changes fibre is £2.50 more expensive if the phone is somewhere else also there is an installation charge of £50 if you don't have the phone with Plusnet
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: Moving from ADSL2+ to FTTP - £25 Cessation fee payable?

There's one route where the cessation fee would apply. If you signed up for BT FTTP and then requested to cancel your Plusnet ADSL we'd then cease it and the cessation fee would apply. If you stay with us then there's no cessation fee but if you move to BT make sure you request a MAC key from us first and signup with BT with the MAC so they can transition the service across from ADSL to FTTP.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology