Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to another ISP but still getting billed

FakeJake
Grafter

Moved to another ISP but still getting billed

Hi Guys,

I moved to Zen for their 900Mbps FTTP package a while back but got an email telling me my next bill is ready.

This is confusing as plusnet had sent this to me:

Your broadband service is scheduled to transfer automatically on 25th June 2020 and will result in the cancellation of your Plusnet account. This means that on this date, your services will be taken over by your new provider and you won't need to contact us to cancel your service with us.

My account is still live and it appears I've been billed for a service I haven't been receiving.

Please could this be sorted and a refund be processed?

Best regards,

Jake

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Moved to another ISP but still getting billed

Thanks for your time on the phone @FakeJake 

I'm sorry to see your account's remained open with us following your FTTP service being ceased on 24th June. As discussed I've put through the closure now and within 20 days we'll generate your final bill which will be a refund to cover the time you've paid for a service you've not had. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FakeJake
Grafter

Thanks for sorting it out, appreciate it 😁
leehowarth
Grafter

Can I ask, how smooth was the transfer to a new isp? Was it done on the same day or did you have a gap?
James_H
Dabbler

@leehowarth - I am not the OP but have posted my transfer experience to date here: Migrating-from-Plusnet-FTTP-to-other-ISP-using-Openreach 

@FakeJake's post suggested there was an automatic transfer, which partly led me to my original post, though it seems not to be that automatic yet.