Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Plusnet FTTP to other ISP using Openreach

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Migrating from Plusnet FTTP to other ISP using Openreach

Interesting read, let us know how it goes. 

Plusnet seem to give dates a day after the actual date btw. I think their system takes by ‘midnight’ on x date to mean 00:00:00 the day after, which is basically one second difference to the actual. 

drunkenmonkey
Grafter

I’m currently on Plusnet FTTP but placed an order with EE yesterday and received an email and sms from Plusnet a few hours later to say they had received a migration request and confirming the dates my Plusnet connection would be terminating. EE order status is showing provide - provisioning in progress so fingers crossed!
James_H
Dabbler

My transfer was due to take place yesterday and ... it worked!

I lost the Plusnet service just after midnight on transfer day.  It might have been prompted by testing the failover function of my router at that time, but after disconnecting, it would not reconnect.  I managed the day working from home using a 4G connection.  The replacement BT connection went live at 16:00, on port 1.

So going back to my original question, I can confirm that the new provider order was all that was needed and I did not have to notify Plusnet myself.  

The 14 day notification seemed to be triggered by the original order date.  I noted earlier that Plusnet sent me a letter and text to acknowledge it.  I also received an email today to say the never-used email has been decommissioned.  

Not that I'm trying to encourage others to leave the FTTP trial - it's still great value for an 80/20 product.  Though as noted above, EE have very recently started offering their FTTP service.  For who might want extra speed, or other features that other ISPs offer, then the leaving Plusnet side of things is quite easy and needs no involvement.  The joining new provider is not necessarily so easy.  Will get onto BT in the morning about the billing glitch ...

drunkenmonkey
Grafter

That’s good to hear! I’ve had all the same comms so far. EE have been really good so far in keeping me up to date with the progress of the order so I’m hopeful of a successful migration on Thursday.
leehowarth
Grafter

Thanks for the info, I'll be keen to hear how smooth it went.
I'm considering moving myself but am very hesitant as my wife works from home and can't be without a connection.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Thats me up and running on EE. All went very smoothly, had an email about 3am to say the connection was now live and an sms at 8:30 to confirm the same. Plugged in the EE router and all working straight away.

Thanks to Plusnet for the terabytes of data over the past 15 years!

leehowarth
Grafter

Thats great news.

Can I ask did you have the voice line with plusnet? I had mine removed and am wondering if that affects anything.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

No I didn't have one. If you're looking at EE they don't support voice anyway so you have to agree that you'll lose your voice line before ordering

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

This is also tempting 🙂

BT offer.png

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

Even Talk-talk is on the FTTP game Wink

Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 7.21.57 PM.png