cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of useful information about the fibre rollout from BT

phil4
Grafter

Re: Lots of useful information about the fibre rollout from BT

Strat, I'm definitely not saying you are wrong, I was just trying to help you interpret the list, which may be very wrong.
My understanding of the FTTP installs, was that they will install it where:
1) They can run the new fibre through ducts and/or poles to the property - thus no digging required.
2) Market economics said it was viable.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, that BT lay new copper, and then a short while later come back and run fibre too.  That's just the uneconomic oddities that occur in big companies (and the government).  Likewise if you're getting FTTP as opposed to FTTC it may be you don't require a new cabinet.  With  FTTC the new cabinet is required as it has to house the new modems that are used (the equiv of what used to be in the exchange to give you ADSL).  Obv with FTTP being fibre those modems as such are no longer needed, and just the pipes back to the exchange are required.
I'm guessing at so many things with the above, and indeed even if all of it's true, your house/street/local area may be excluded for some reason that neither of us know about.
All I'll say is "good luck".
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Lots of useful information about the fibre rollout from BT

Thanks Phil4 Smiley
I live in hope but considering the current economic climate....... Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine