cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost internet connection

Taw2707
Hooked

Lost internet connection

We suddenly lost internet connection last night. Not had any previous problems on the FTTP trial.

Can I get the line checked please.

6 REPLIES 6
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Lost internet connection

Hi @Taw2707,

I've tested your line and it appears that the issue you're currently experiencing is down to incorrect details currently being stored within the router. As this is the case you will need to log into your router and update the details and I've included a handy guide on how to do this below.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

Please let us know how this goes and if the issue still persists after following the above instructions so that we can investigate further if necessary.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Taw2707
Hooked

Hi  I am using a ASUS DSL-AC68U as my router and have checked that the account username and password are entered correctly. I have rebooted the router but still no connection. 

thanks for your help

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Do you still have the router we provided you with just to try out so we can rule out the hardware as a cause of the issue? - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Taw2707
Hooked

Yes I still have the router supplied. Will try it out and get back to you.

trevor

Taw2707
Hooked

I was out last night so did not have a chance to try out the router supplied by plusnet. However when I returned home the internet connection had been restored. Everything is working fine again. No idea what the problem was but it is fixed. Thanks for your help.

trevor

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Taw2707,

I'm really sorry that we hadn't been in touch sooner. 

It's great to hear your connection has now been sorted out. 

If you have any further issues please feel free to give us a shout!

Thank you.