cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Lost fttp

mockneysteve
Dabbler

Lost fttp

Openreach have been working on the poles near are property and we've now got no internet 😞
Have called to report ( ticket 156007219) but have been told it may take up to 3 days !!
Can you help 😊
14 REPLIES 14
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Lost fttp

I can see we've asked you for availability for a engineer visit.

If you let us know when your available we can get that booked.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mockneysteve
Dabbler

Ok, 3 weeks now and still no Broadband ! An engineer came round Monday morning, and as I thought and told the help desk, the fault was not in my property but outside. He spent 4 hours trying to track it, but to no avail and left saying someone else would be looking in to it. I called the help desk yesterday and all they could say was they were waiting to hear from Openreach!

Can any one look into this for me? 3 weeks from reporting surely should be fixed by now?Huh

Thanks Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Steve

It looks like your fault report is still assigned to an engineer today.

Can you let us know if you're able to connect by tomorrow?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mockneysteve
Dabbler

Hi

The engineer came round yesterday (13th) and confirmed, for the second time! that the fault is not at the property but at a junction/splitter box? half a mile up the road. He said he would report it and someone should be out within 24 hours to fix it. As this is what I was told over a week ago and yet nothing was done.

Are you able to contact Openreach and make sure this is being actioned. It is now 29 days since this was first reported !

Thanks Steve

mockneysteve
Dabbler

Day 30 !

Still no Broadband, or communication from either Plusnet or Openreach, and now it's Friday afternoon so not much hope of anything happening in the next few days Angry

The irony is I live 4 miles from an Openreach depot and see at least 10 of their vans a day going back and forth !! I realise you are in the hands of Openreach but surely you are able to press them for updates and more importantly a fix to this issue ?!? Ticked_off

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From reading the engineer notes it looks like we've got to arrange another appointment to progress this.

I'll update your ticket shortly, sorry for the inconvenience caused

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

A bit more info on this.

The job has to be tasked out to a precision testing officer but the only way to do that is to book an appointment.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mockneysteve
Dabbler

Thanks for the update. The engineer on Wednesday said he would book that and it would be within 24 hours !
I've responded to the ticket that anytime or day for an engineer visit.
No wonder Openreach don't deal with customers direct they'd spend more time dealing with customer complaints than fitting broadband πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ 
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.

That’d explain the engineer notes that read something like β€œEU WILL BE HOME ALL DAY TOMORROW” in all capital letters. A Saturday appointment is extremely rare to book with our suppliers so I couldn’t arrange it. Sad

If your appointment isn’t arranged sooner, I’ll pick this up on Monday when I’m back in the office.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mockneysteve
Dabbler

Much appreciated !! The individuals that I'm in contact with are all doing their job, unfortunately the bigger cogs appear to be broken !!
mockneysteve
Dabbler

Any update ? Still no Broadband or sign of engineer ☹️
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've booked the visit for tomorrow AM.

I'll confirm via the ticket on your account when we get confirmation from Openreach.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mockneysteve
Dabbler

Half one, no engineer and no Broadband 😠
Could you case please, thanks Steve
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear the engineer didn't turn up

Looking at the fault report, the job is currently assigned to an engineer.

We'll need to wait at least a couple of hours for an update before chasing BT.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet