cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited to 10mb/s up

MrMot
Grafter

Limited to 10mb/s up

Have happily been surfing along for 50 odd days at 80/20 and have today noticed that we are getting 80/10. Could this be amended please?
16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Limited to 10mb/s up

Hi there.

As there's no such thing as a 80/10 product, something doesn't sound right.

Are you testing over a wired or wireless connection?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrMot
Grafter

I actually had this on install day (13/7/18) and you were the guy that changed it to 20 up - it’s in my other thread in this forum.

I came from the 40/10 product, I’m not sure whether that’s to blame?

I have checked via wired and wireless. Same results on either, just a slightly lower ping on wired.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I changed your account type to Unlimited Fibre Extra 80/20 but it's still at that.

If you've tried all the usual troubleshooting steps, a different ethernet cable, a different device etc I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer to investigate this further as there's no further diagnostics we can do from our side for FTTP circuits.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrMot
Grafter

I moved the router to the loft yesterday and this is when I noticed the issue although I haven’t speed tested for a while.
Today I moved the router back to its original location which is right next to the ONT on a 1metre CAT6 and plugged a laptop directly into the router and still only see 9.6mb/s up.
I guess I will have to raise a ticket.

I have also power cycled the ONT just in case.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@MrMot

You could try plugging the laptop directly into the ONT (i.e. no router  connected) to eliminate any problems the router may be causing.

To do that you'll need to setup a PPPoE connection on the laptop using your PN login credentials.

MrMot
Grafter

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried via a PPoE connection on windows 10 over a 1metre CAT6 straight into the ONT and get he same results.

I can’t find a link to raise a ticket, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@MrMot wrote:
I can’t find a link to raise a ticket, can anyone point me in the right direction?
@Gandalf wrote:

I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

Smiley That said I've reseated the speed profile on your account. Can you reboot your router and if your speeds don't change, I'd go ahead and raise a fault to us via the link above(Ignoring most of the questions as they're not designed for FTTP).

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrMot
Grafter

Gandalf,
I have rebooted the router and it’s still the same so have raised a ticket.
What determines the speed profile, is it the ONT, router or PN systems?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's our own systems which receives data regarding the IP profile/sync rate of the line and sets the speed profile accordingly.

As FTTP doesn't have a sync rate then the speed profile on your account shouldn't change at all.

Re-seating it was essentially a bit of a long shot just in case we were restricting your speeds.

Are able to replicate the problem using a different device?

If so could you reply to this ticket with your availability for an engineer visit letting us know over here once you've done so and we'll be happy to book the appointment in.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MrMot
Grafter

I'll reply to the ticket just after this.

I have tried multiple devices, all very recent with 5GHz WiFi and Gbit ethernet. I can pull over 300mb/s via my Ubiquiti network and a full 1000mb/s from my NAS via CAT6. I'm pretty sure it's not my own internal stuff. I have also tried connecting directly to the ONT thus eliminating the router.

I am happy to try any other suggestions...

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@MrMot

I'm curious as to what speed-tester or other method you are using to determine your upload speed (as I don't think you've mentioned that)?

MrMot
Grafter

Good old Speedtest.net website and app.
Also TBB and remote transfers via FTP and port 80 HTTP.

The line seems to max out at 9.6mb/s
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

OK fair enough.

As @Gandalf has already suggested trying a different Ethernet cable and different device, then I can't think of anything else to try right now.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @MrMot

Thank you for updating the ticket.

Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for 12/09/2018 between 8am - 1pm and I have updated the ticket which you can access here and monitor the progress of the fault.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional