cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last minute FTTP trial signup!

Ben-Bristol

Last minute FTTP trial signup!

@HarryB et al, I know it's rather late in the day, but PLEASE can I join the Plusnet FTTP trial? It was only this afternoon that I spotted the new fibre points on the telegraph poles on my street in Bristol! I'm a new customer and the BT DSL Checker confirms that WBC FTTP is Available at my address. Look forward to hearing from you Smiley

8 REPLIES 8
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Last minute FTTP trial signup!

@Ben-Bristol

IS WBC FTTP shown in the LEFT hand column wither either "1 stage" (probable) or "2 stage" in the column headed WBC FTTP

Brian

EDIT If the DSL Checker shows the above have you submitted a Trial application. Login to PlusNet and go to

https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20

Do it today!!!

EDIT (again) Just had a look - it appears the trial is closed to new applicants

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Ben-Bristol

Checking the list of users online I see @Gandalf is showing so I've tagged him into this post for you.  Whether he's still on duty might be another matter though!

Edit:  Tagging @Gandalf s username doesn't show highlighted so may not work.

Edit:  Just seen @bmc post that the trial is closed.  Sad

Ben-Bristol

@bmc @RobPN Thanks both for the prompt reply. In fact "WBC FTTP" is NOT shown in the left column, and it seems I was too late anyway. I'm sure there'll be another opportunity to get FTTP with an alternate supplier.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

This post says it will end at midnight so it may not be too late to get a request in https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/FTTP-Trial-Closure/m-p/1553705#M14946

Ideally you need something in writing to Plusnet tonight. Your earlier posting could help. You could also try a PM to JonoH. It will be dated today  for when he picks it up.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

FxAxF
Rising Star

@Ben-Bristol wrote:

@bmc @RobPN Thanks both for the prompt reply. In fact "WBC FTTP" is NOT shown in the left column, and it seems I was too late anyway. I'm sure there'll be another opportunity to get FTTP with an alternate supplier.

It's only the trial which is ending. I would suggest that the liklihood of Plusnet offering a non-trial product in the near future is pretty high.

I expect that the trial ending may be linked to the increased service levels that Openreach are now offering, in terms of extra bandwidth products.

Crellster
Rising Star

The trial isn't ending its just closing to new applicants. I was kinda hoping to see someone getting their application in at 23:59 but its closed already. There goes the sweepstake.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Ben-Bristol

I assume you've checked on OpenReach that FTTP is coming to your address.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/index.do

Although the equipment may now be in situ near you it can be anyones guess as to how long it'll take OR to complete and commission the network to your location. You'll simply have to keep checking the DSL Checker on a regular basis.

When it does become available you'll have a choice to make. Wait and hope that PlusNet introduce a commercial service in the not too distant future or move to a new ISP (BT and Zen appear to be the main choices at the moment).

You stated you were a new customer so if you move there could be early termination charges!!!

Brian

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all, 

Sorry to be "captain obvious" but the trial did close yesterday so unless you applied before 23.59 we won't be able to accept any new trialists. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team