Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the trial

FIXED
Teece
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Joining the trial

Our village's FTTP conversion has just been completed, so I am keen to get on board.  I raised a question over the weekend (ref. 142372765) but nobody has got back to me yet.  Please can someone please take a look?

68 REPLIES 68
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Joining the trial

The tickets in this pool can take 7-14 days to be responded to, this should have been advised when you raised the ticket via trials.plus.net - having said that, they are often picked up much faster.

Please note the trials ticket pools are not directly monitored by the Customer Support Centre staff and that it may take up to 7 to 14 days for your ticket to be acknowledged.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Teece
Rising Star

Ah, I must have missed that in my excitement.  PN have offered me Fibre Extra for a reduced rate if I take a new contract, with the offer valid for seven days from yesterday (currently on std Fibre at a paltry 13/1 due to 4km of copper between us and the cabinet) - I'd obviously want to take that up, but only if we're accepted for the trial... 

Teece
Rising Star

With time moving on on the new contract offer - I'd appreciate an indication that there would be no issue with being accepted on the trial before it expires - @HarryB, @MattyC@Darkfire, would any of you be able to confirm this so I can sign on the dotted line?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm afraid we wouldn't provide a discount to FTTP so the offer for Fibre Extra you've been provided would be for FTTC.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Teece
Rising Star

So if I sign a new contract at this rate, I won't be able to take FTTP, or I'd have to hand back the discount?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Moving to FTTP wouldn't start a new contract, as we're only trialling the service.

Once the service is activated, you would lose your discounts I'm afraid as they are only applicable for FTTC.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your private message with your username. Sorry we haven't picked it yet, I'll have a look at this later this evening and look to get the ball rolling in the right direction then update the question with more details.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good evening Chris,

I've placed the order for your FTTP service and we will keep you appraised with updates on ticket 142372765. Please bear with us if updates are sometimes sporadic as we only have a few people trained to deal with this type of order.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
Don4418
Dabbler

Hi Mark,

I've sent in an online trial application and I've also sent you a PM with some further details on. I'll monitor this forum for news. Thanks!
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good afternoon @Teece and @Don4418

I've updated your respective FTTP tickets with some information. More information after I've consulted Openreach will come in the next few days.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
Teece
Rising Star

Thanks @BasilBrush - I have just replied to the ticket.  Now I've spoken with an Openreach engineer who was doing an install next door, I am not worried about being present - if you could just ask them to put the CSP at the base of the wall directly below where the phone line comes into the house, that will be perfect.

Teece
Rising Star

Hi @BasilBrush,

I added a question to my ticket on Tuesday, but no response - I had a garbled voicemail and a text from BT to say that because of a 'build issue that they are working on', they will be unable to do my install tomorrow.  Certainly, no sign of the external work having been done yet.  Are you able to get any more information from OR to explain what the issue is?

Thanks.

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Teece.

I'll pick this up again when I get into the office at around 11:30am this morning and let you know.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello again @Teece and @Don4418.

I've been on the case with your respective FTTP orders with Openreach, and have updated your tickets with more details that have come to light today.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support